Monday, July 2, 2007

Part Time @ Sirius I

I'm blessed with a part time work for a week plus starting today.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In Kelana Jaya Centre Point.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sirius Communication Sdn Bhd. It's an event company.

Thanks to Shannie!

They needed a telemarketer for this particular event, where I was asked to call all the managers from a list of database from all over Malaysia if they've received the invitation and if they want to register for the event.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Some of the cubicles

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My pigeon hole

1400 numbers to call, in total. For the entire week.


Some random conversations:

---

MK: Good afternoon, may I speak to Mr A please?

Operator: Umm. He's no longer in this company

MK: Ohh.. (look at the list) what about Mr B?

Operator: He's also no longer here.

MK: I'm sorry, what about Mr C?

Operator: These people that you're looking for have left the company since 1980s or 1990s.

MK: (shocked). Oh okayy. Thanks.

*hang up*

---

Good afternoon, may I speak to Mr D please?

Oh, dia sudah MATI tahun lepas la.

*gasp* Oh. okay, thank you. [should I say takziah (condolence) instead? LOL]

---


Oh ohh!! One more thing! The colleagues in this company are all friendly people except for one thing that I find them weird, most actually don't go for lunch. Reason: LAZY! So weird right?

Today Shannie came to me and said that she's having maggi for lunch. I swallowed my saliva. Being so new there, I don't even know where to find food and no one to go with.

I made friends with some people around my age there, other part timers. We finally ordered McD, delivery. Yay!

---

While waiting to go home, had conversation with these two friends I just met. Sunitha and Wei Kiat.

Sunitha: Do you have a gay friend?

MK: Gay friend? As in guys.. and homo? Nope.

Sunitha: Yea, do you know that they are the best people to be friend with? They're just more gentle and emo compared to straight guys.

Wei Kiat: Yea, I have a few friends who are gays. And they're really nice.

Sunitha: And they're HAWT. Their bfs are soooo cute and hot too! I always tell them, "For goodness' sake, can you all be straight (coz too cute and handsome)? I have plenty in my college and they'll come to us girls and say, "hi darlings, how are you. MOMMIE misses you sooo much! Muakss"

MK: Oh okayy. Would love to meet one, someday.

---

Sunitha: But not lesbians. I find them over-reacting most of the time.

MK: okayyy~

---

Interesting huh? That's my first day of work. So far so good, but start to sien already as the database is SO outdated. Called so many and they're no longer working in the company. Guess most operators were annoyed. And I also malu dy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Have a blessed day ahead! Till then, signing OFF.


2 comments:

nilimpa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
aehknum said...

yea. it was random.

guess because she just thought of one of her gay friends. he's leaving for aus ma. that's why.

why huh? you'll like to join us for this conversation? good thing they don't see your nickl.. just like when you 1st added me in msn, the 1st nick i saw was "gayboy" tho' you're not even one! lebih!

i would love to meet gays. they're safer than guys. cough.