Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Courage and Wisdom, where art thou?

I was in the car with my friends this afternoon.

One of them asked another friend this question: "Do you believe in God?"

One said, "I don't know who is the God laa but I somehow believe that all in all there is only one God"

Another believed the chinese god that possess the mediums.. having different voices and different actions when possessed. If a "children god" possessed the medium to pass a message, a "child's" cute sound will be heard.

Another was amazed by cavadi carried by the Hindus during Thaipusam where they feel no pain, no blood and all eventhough the stick pokes through their bodies..

And they are amazed by all these miracles.

I was there, quiet. Listening to everything they say.

But I couldn't gather the courage in me to share with them the true God.

If only I could share with them the signs and miracles Jesus did..
If only I could share with them what the Bible says bout those mediums (1 Samuel) and signs and wonders by the false prophets (1 Corinthians)
If only I could share with them about the Holy One who left His seat on the right hand side of the throne just to save us; to die on the cross for our sins eventho' He's Holy and blameless because that is the ONLY way we can be redeemed.
If only I could share with them that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

---

They were also talking bout porks. Muslim aren't allowed to eat pork because it's considered unclean. Unclean? Why so? They don't understand. I wish I could share the reason why..

I thank You, Jesus for revelations when I read Your Words and You reveal them to me when Your people ask me bout biblical stuffs.
I thank You, Jesus for Your wisdom when people ask me bout Christianity..

... but, why didn't I have the courage?

They are the friends that I loved. I really hope that they will get to know the truth one day. And they will believe in You. Use me, Lord as I avail myself once to you again.

--

Note: Upcoming post, will have some good food again. So, those who gets hungry fast, don't read the next post with empty stomach okay.

Have a good day!

Till then, signing OFF

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, just would like to know.. why do muslims consider pork unclean?

aehknum said...

Hey. Thanks!! Glad that you want to know.

Because in the olden days (back to the old testament in my bible), pigs are considered as "unclean" animals. People don't rare them as their pet or as food sources, they are "despised" because of what they eat and all.

Just like those women with "period", they are considered as unclean because of the dirty blood. Thus, they are not allowed to meet anyone (olden days) or go into holy places like the temple (surau or mosque now) to pray. Because it was believed that whoever they touch, the person will be unclean too.

All these are from the bible (in the al-quran also), and God commanded that they aren't supposed to take any of these unclean food so that they can stay pure. If they take pork or other unclean food, or when they are impure, they will kena diseases and die. So, the Christian believers in the olden days practises all these too..

They practise all these UNTIL Jesus died on the cross for us. That is when all these "laws" and "commands" are erased off, we are redeemed by His blood. Thus, we can take pork and it will not make us unclean. We can go to church and worship Him even if we have period. Jesus' blood has set us free.

But the Muslims didn't believe that Jesus has died on the cross for their sins and have redeemed them. So, they kept to the laws and commands given last time in order to stay pure. The same thing goes to circumcision, where they still practise it till now. I can say that whatever in their al-quran is the same as the bible.

Anonymous said...

oh.. interesting.. thanks.. =)