Thursday, July 19, 2007

Of Burger and Korea Town

How many of you like/dislike our very own local burger -- Ramly burger?

According to the researches done in US, the raw burger patties (McDonalds etc) has high coliform (a type of bacteria family) count. But from my research and similar chemical test done (my project for Food and Industrial Microbiology) on our very own local burger patty (Ramly) production, it contains NO coliform count eventhough we repeated our experiment. Hence concluding that our burger patty is quite clean. Yes, it's clean compared to McDs'.

Gosh
, how could that happen?

Anyway, personally... I DON'T REALLY LIKE Ramly burgers, anywhere. I find their bread too dry, and the patties are hard. Except for this particular stall.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ramly burger stall

It's just directly outside the old Monash campus, the current Sunway University College campus. It somehow tastes and smells VERY nice. Students like Sue-Li and myself were much attracted to it in our second year.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Beef special burger.

There's just something about the burgers in this stall that other Ramly burger stalls do not have. It's just.. good!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And it's only like RM 2.50 for patties wrapped with eggs? If you don't want the egg, each chicken/beef burger costs only RM 2.

Cleanliness wise, they are way CLEANER (Coliform-free) compared to the western burger patties.
Economy wise, they are way CHEAPER than those western burger patties.

So, support la Malaysia.. =)

No jokes la, only this stall. Don't come and scold me if you taste a not-so-nice one from other stalls; I only recommend THIS particular stall okay.

---

Moving on, if you study abroad in other western countries etc, you will see "China Town" in most countries; a place for the chinese that craves for their pork supply, the chinese cuisines, the bah kut teh?

Oh well in Malaysia, we have everything. All sort of mouth-watering local cuisines. Anyway, Ah Sian brought us to this place in Ampang where for the first time I see a "Korea Town".

Practically, it's ALL Korean Restaurants in the ENTIRE street. This is one of them..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Korea Mu Jin Jang Restaurant.

We ate here. The food is not bad, and I dare not rate as I haven't tried other Korean restaurants.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The seatings. Note the bbq "pit" in the middle of the seatings.

We had BBQ as one particular dish. Marinated pork.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
BBQ pork. *Thumbs up*

It's like those, on-the-spot-bbq thingy, and I like it much. Would say that this is the best dish there.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I know I've said it, but I want to say it again. I LIKE IT. Wait, the sentence isn't complete. I mean, I LIKE IT VERY MUCH.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kimchi soup

I don't fancy kimchi. I don't really like their taste, especially when it's cold. I know it's so bodoh to don't like kimchi in a korean restaurant. Yeah, but this soup is exceptional. I like the taste. And its sizzling hot (and spicy). I like it! There are cabbages, other vegetables and sliced pork in it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A scoop of the kimchi soup with my spoon.

Do I remind you of the soup prepared by Jang Geum in korean series, Jewel In The Palace?
Or the soup prepared by Ji-Eun for Young-Jae (Rain) in Full House? Awww~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chap Je

This is somewhat similar to kimchi, but it's not cabbage. Mixed vegetables, there is actually a whole hard-boiled-egg in it too. My friends like them, but I don't really like the taste. Maybe its just.. me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Dok Bok Gi

This is some sort of glass noodles with sliced pork, shredded omelets and vegetables on it. I like this too. The taste is somehow, different. Slightly oily, but I like the seasoning taste. Maybe because of some sesame oil seasoning. Unsure though.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The VERY thin and flat chopstick.

Okay, you got it. I had a GREAT problem handling it and this slows down my eating process.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The side dishes. They are FOC (i.e. free of charge)

Overall, the food is not bad. The portion is quite big and if you go in a big group, can try out a wider variety of food. It costs around RM20 per person.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Anyway, this is the name card.

Print this out, flash this card to them when you're there and say you're Mun K's friend, you'll be discounted.

Okay, I'm just kidding! Btw, did you notice the owner's surname is also "Lee"? I somehow much attracted to the "Lee(s)", I don't know why, be it in uni or church or just, anywhere. All my Lee friends. Haha! Somehow.

Anyway, if you want to get there, geographically, it's just opposite of Ampang Point.
Alright, the address is on the name card, give it a try!

---

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Korean Mart.

There's this korean mart at the end of all these korean restaurants, the entire stretch! And they sell ONLY korean stuffs, with korean writing on every product and I don't what is it. Everything imported from Korea. Korea groceries. Not all, but most goods are quite pricey, double of those we can get in Malaysia.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These are some of the junks sweets I bought from there. Can't afford anymore, only these. The purple colour thingy, I don't even know if it's a chewy sweets or a chewy gum. Have no ideas, can you read Korean Language?

Note: The red-coloured packet is given by Ah Sian, I bought only the purple and blue.

So folks, if you need some supply of korean noodles (a few brands), korean drinks, korean ice-creams, korean sweets or korean-whatsoever; you can get it there.

That's all for this time round of trip to Korea. Be blessed.

Till then, signing OFF.

7 comments:

Baby Maddy said...

Hey...ah...there goes..another food post...gosh...so tempting..hehehe..alright...update more..so..i'll have the idea on where i want to go next time..hehehe

Anonymous said...

OMG!! the burger!!! *cry*

aehknum said...

Madeline: Haha! You sure you want more ka? No promise but will update when I found good food okay. Nowadays schedule too hectic, no time to go roaming for good food.

S-L: YES! That post was specially dedicated for you weyy!! Do you miss it? I miss eating with you, where you will be so easily tempted every evening.

nilimpa said...

I love Ramly wan. The one near my house is damn good also. Eat until fat dy. Aih.

aehknum said...

Ramly is good! =)

The one near your house? I thought you said close ady?

nilimpa said...

Yea.. wait for a few months they'll start opening again.

They like ikut mood wan.

aehknum said...

Ikut mood? Whoa! Like that ma susah? You cannot like suddenly go buy when you're hungry.

Around my housing area itself there are a few stalls. My sis loves them. But then I still don't like.. I only like those in front of the Old Monash Campus =/