Saturday, July 21, 2007

B o n e s

I always enjoy Anatomy.

We were given REAL bones to play with in the previous lab session. I repeat, REAL HUMAN BONES.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These are the collection of bones for the upper limb. Basically the arm, this is the right arm. Like some Chinese Word Character, right?

These bones are preserved and varnished for the use during practical exams for medical student where we need to feel every inch of it, and describe if there's a dent, or a projection, sharp, blunt, rough, smooth, the anatomical terminology and so on... for each part of each bone.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Humerus

The bone extending from our shoulder to the elbow.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ulna (below) and radius (above)

The fore arm extending from the elbow to the hands.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The entire fore limb (right arm of a deceased)




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My friend and I, we were hand-in-hand

This is the fake dummy skeleton where we also learn from.

Nice right? Enjoy!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yours truly. In the eerie-looking laboratories corridor

Till then, signing OFF


8 comments:

nylus said...

eh...ur labs in medical building wan ah... tat day i went jalan jalan there... the place sooo quiet...

nilimpa said...

Lol. You look so emo la in the last pic. Like a scene from a Korean drama.

aehknum said...

nylus: Yeap! We're all in the same building. That's our faculty there, in block 3. Nearest to the main entrance.

nilimpa: Geez. That was the whole point! Haha! Had this "style" of posing in mind with this eerie-looking-corridor, thus Jeng!

Got eevon to help me take this picture. After our anatomy lab session.

Don't know why I can get such posing idea somemore.

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of the scenes in Ju-On la..*creepy*

Anonymous said...

i wonder where they get those bones from..? to think that it was once the insides of a living person.. eekss... maybe thats y im not one for bio..

aehknum said...

eevon: Yakah, that show so creepy one ah? Afterwards I get nightmare in Monash how? I takde watch Ju-On la! I don't watch horror movie one.. only comedies that kind. I remember my youth watched it in Ekjing's house during the Christmas party in 2004 and everyone screamt! I didnt join them watch, chicken-ed out with Irin and some others but we had a great time fellowshipping also.


Mayc: Haha! Indeed it was from a deceased. There's only 2 probabilities from where they got this bone:

1) some freaks (like scientist etc) that willingly donate their body for medical studies so that we can learn

2) some unclaimed dead bodies for a long period.

monsterGrrr! said...

i have whole real human bone set under my bed.. hehe dunno where to keep lo.. nearly all 1st yr students have one.. wan me "ta pau" for u not? in xchange for the korean bbq!!!!!!!!!!!!

aehknum said...

Whoa, so scary.. like a "stranger" sleeping with you every nite, under your bed.

Don't know where to keep? Buried it first la, till you need it then you dig it out. Haha! Just kidding!

I want!! I want!!!

Bring it back okay!! You're coming back in Sept rite? Bring back okayy!! I wanna pinjam! In exchange for the korean bbq ka? We go makan together la okay, but you gotta chip in for the bill. Too broke these days..

But surely wanna go makan with you!! So miss you lerr!! You la, ditched me for the GTLs.. friends since standard one kononnya. =(