Sunday, July 15, 2007

More good food..

Sorry for the lack of updates. Oh wait, I thought I updated quite a lot recently? But how come I still receive constant reminders to update huh? Cough. LOL. Anyway, I'm glad that there are actually people reading this blog. Thanks! Appreciate that.

Anyway, Wan Chin and Colin, here's my promise for you.

---

I came across this place that serves good soupy noodle.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Restaurant Sun Kee

It's located in the PJ oldtown. The place somehow doesn't look promising but, we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, right? I've tried, and I would say its good.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chicken and fish paste noodle soup. I guess the secret recipe added were the finely chopped and fried garlic (the brown colour thingy on top).

I know it looks ordinary over here. But once you taste the soup, ahhhh~ it's really awesome! It's better than the seafood noodle I had in Ipoh back in mid 2005 and we (Sue-li and I) thought that it was the best already. We craved for it since then but now, no comparison.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another shot of it. Other noodle, sister's hor fan (or kuey teow).

It's not like other ordinary fishball noodles, the ingredients are consist of chicken (pieces or shredded), slices of pork and fish pastes. It's a huge bowl (I wish I could measure the diameter to tell you, which I didn't la) and each bowl costs only RM 4.

We were on our way to Midvalley when we had this. So folks, if any of you somehow pass around that area, I'll strongly recommend you to try this.

Note for Sue-Li: I'll bring you there once you come back okay? This I promise you.

---

By the way, have any of you heard of "kai yue"? Direct translated as "chicken fish", in cantonese. Err, I don't know the name in English or Malay and this is my first time hearing this name also.

This is how it looks like. Some ikan bakar style of cooking..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Chicken fish.

As some of you might know, I am NOT and NEVER a fan of fish. Especially fish porridge. Thanks to my bad childhood experience.

Oh well, this fish is exceptional! Like the name suggested, they taste like chicken. It's slightly more tender than other fishes, chunky and when you put it into your mouth, ahhhh~ you could taste the freshness (not soft) and when you bite them.. heaven-like!

Mom said I ate the most, so not the usual me when it comes to fish. My both sisters love it so much that they fought for every milimeter (mm) of the fish. Lawl.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mun Sheung with the bones. Fish bones!

I didn't bluff you, right? Even the choosy-picky Mun Sheung when it comes to food, actually enjoyed it so much. So, it's good. Mom said not all places offer this fish species. But we had ours here...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Kwai Lam Seafood Restaurant, in Subang New Village (also known as old subang airport)

So people, give it a try. You can ask for this fish in any seafood restaurant if they offer. Nice! Have them bakar-ed (grilled) okay!

---

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So, how do I look with this sexy pink electric guitar? Gaya?? Haha! Btw, it's actually a sling bag I found in Midvalley.

Note for Amelia and Juvee: I'm NOT entirely a poser okay!

Till then, signing OFF.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! update at last!
it's the 1st time i heard about chicken fish...interesting~

if it's not bcoz of this entry, i wouldn't know u don't fancy fish..something to take note here..hehe

nilimpa said...

damn cool the bag.

Anonymous said...

all the food looks tasty!! =P
so nice la can sendiri jalan jalan cari makan.. haha

aehknum said...

wchin: Geez! So fast la you read. Coz when am done blogging, I saw you offline already. Wanted to text you, but malas. Hehe .

Go try la!! Really nice!! I like it grilled! Yumm~

nilimpa: Yeala!! Imagine if I bought it, walking around Monash with this, as tho' carrying an electric guitar around. And the colour is sooo.. sexy! ^^

Btw, do you want it?

mayc: Hehe! Just a bit of intro intro la, when I see good food. Help to promote abit. You know la, places with good food deserves more people to try them.

All of us study so gila plus stress all, good food is a must la. Btw, I didn't go to the noodle stall myself. Went with my family after church before we got to Midvalley. Dad works somewhere there and he jalan-jalan cari makan during his lunch break. So, he brought us there la. And the seafood restaurant thingy, we had our dinner there after Midvalley. Somewhere in the border between Subang/Shah Alam. So many people! We counted, at least 250 people happily eating there simultaneously when we left that place. Good business!

nilimpa said...

I'd probably get it if it weren't pink la.

Friend of God said...

i hope the food's as nice as it looks lol. bless

aehknum said...

nilimpa: its sexier if its pink la. Other colour, don't know if it'll be nice or not. I cant imagine you using that!! It's girls' one la. I saw it near the LeSportsac area. All the bags there soooo expensive. RM 200+ for a pencil case size.

friend of God: They dont look nice in these pictures la! I feel they taste nicer!! When are you coming back to Malaysia? Will you, btw? Come KL la, and i'll bring you around for good food! =)