Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Typical Malay

So today, I called this person to confirm him the seat for tomorrow's event.

(Dial 6012-*******)

(toooooot.. toot toot... toot toot...)


Typical Malay: "..." (silence, not even a hello)

Me: "Hello, good evening. May I speak to Mr Mohd Khaiszer please?" (spoke fluently and no ketulan-ketulan pause in between)

Typical Malay: (silence for a moment, and then telling these to her friend in a heavy malay accents) "Ada Orang Putih nak cakap dengan Orang Jepun.. HAHAHAHAHA"

She literally told her friend that and then she hung up the call.

JUST BECAUSE.. I spoke a more fluent English language doesn't make me an "Orang Putih"

And JUST BECAUSE the way I pronounce that guy's name (Mohd Khaiszer) doesn't make him an "Orang Jepun"

I called another time and repeated myself, she said, "Wrong number"

LOL. Funny. Had lotsa funny encounters during this one week of part time period. Anyway, enjoy and stay blessed.

EDIT: I only need 50 registrations, right? And I thought it was impossible to even achieve that target, based on last week's registration. Today, God gave me extra of 24 registrations. It's like, 50% EXTRA more than what I need? I have 74 registrations all together. God is GOOD, all the time! He always provide more than enough. Praise Him!

Till then, signing OFF

0 comments: