Sunday, September 23, 2007

It was a great time being able to meet up with Lee Chen again after so long. It was good being able to see and catch up with her and the rest last Thursday during my break interval in school.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Clockwise from left: Ming Choi, Ya Cheng, Shwu Tyng, Lee Chen, Pek Yee and yours truly

It wasn't in my plan for blood donation that day but its good to donate right, since that's something that I can offer to help those who needs it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Lotsa people have phobias for the huge needles, phobia for the pain (I have posted on this before) and some didn't want to donate because it will cause the donor to gain lotsa weight. Yes, but lives are more precious after all. You won't feel the need till you actually experience it, and when each drop of your blood could save one's life.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Gang in the blood donation drive. In the picture: Tammy, May Jean and Yi Wei

I remember the first time when I donated my blood during the National Service, they mentioned that we're not allowed to do any excessive activities like playing sports etc after the donation. We should rest.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Oh well, I forget this and went for tennis with Cheryl, Ivan and Melvin in the evening after donating (Blood donation was not in the plan, tennis is!).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And yours truly almost passed out THREE times during the training, yeah 3 times!

My heart beat faster than usual and I thought my stamina has gone from bad to worst since I hadn't really played for so long. Little did I realize that it was because I do not have enough red blood cells (donated) and there aren't enough oxygen carried to my brain. Thus, my heart worked harder, pumped harder and faster to replenish the lack of oxygen state. It's not as efficient, thus giving me a slight black-out till I rested.

Someone please tell me how smart can I be.

My right arm muscles ache a little after that. I thought it was because of the sudden tennis playing after so long. Now that I realize, there's a little hemorrhage underneath my superficial skin. Somewhere near the vein where the needle was inserted.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The blue-black isn't clear here. The pink-circle was the needle insertion mark and the purple-circle is the bruise.

It was alright earlier on, till I played. Amy, now you see it again, I'm not that "smart" you know.

----

Okay, now I have some gross growth somewhere next to my left eyeball INSIDE my eye. Cannot be seen from the outer appearance. I mean, not obvious la..

I'm heaty and lack of water-drinking. Sue-li, drink more water!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The usual kind of "growth" is somewhere at the lower part of the eyelid. Where it is obvious. Not in my case, it's inside. Had to pull my eyelid and pinch it to the side to see this gross thing.

Wanna see? Let me show you.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gross? I know! Oh God, I want my sight

So people, pray for me! It's distracting my left eye vision.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh!! Its kinda big!! Go tie a black string on your right middle finger. Its superstitious I know, but it does work at some level. Try it if you want. No harm done anyway. I will pray for you. =)

aehknum said...

You saw the picture of the eye before the gross thingy? That's my eye. It's not like the usual bulge thing that everyone can see from the outside lehh.. It's inside!

So, tie black string on right middle finger? And you studied Anatomy? Haha! Funny la you.

Anyway, super thanks for your prayers!! =D Hugs

Anonymous said...

Cos I kena b4 ma last time. And tying the black string helped me ma..just a suggestion.. =)

Anonymous said...

gosh.. my friendsss=( so annoying. u get to meet everyone deeee..i jealous :/
anyway .why always post up gross stuffs. !!!

aehknum said...

eevon,

oh. no wonder la. Thanks! But I'll stick to my eye-bathing with Optrex. Hopefully things would be okay in no time..

emm,

Haha! Yeah man! But only 5 of them what. Faster come back!!!!! I want to see you!!

Gross stuff? Scientists always want proofs ma! I don't know how to describe, so pics is the best right? Eh, pray for me okay! I know you will coz you love me =)