Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Hope, New Beginning.



Just got back from watchnight service in church. To those of you who missed our youth presentation led by ruifong, too bad la. He's good =)

annual youth group picture

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!

To me, I personally believe that new year represents new hope, new beginning. So, I just wanna encourage all of you to let go whatever you had in the past and strive for what's ahead. Like how Pastor Ryan puts it, burn the bridge behind you as you move forward. Let the past be your past; an experience to mould you and to push you further. Try not to have any "if onlys" seeps into your life, they will not help you in anyway, trust me.

I've known Jesus for 7 years now and I thank God that He has been watching over my life for all these 7 years. Like everyone, I've fallen so many times. I've even given up myself alot of times but it was Him who picks me up everytime and bring my life to another level. He taught me how to love, He taught me how to care, He taught me how to give just like Him when I don't know how to. I believe even till now I'm still not good at doing what I've just mentioned but I believe He's still at work moulding me and transforming me to be more like him each day. Like it or not, you have to be patient with me because God is not finished with me yet. Heh!

I'd also like to take this opportunity to ask for forgiveness if I've offended any of you in any way throughout this year or in the past. Thank you for bearing with all my nonsensical behaviour in anyway. I believe this year is gonna be another year of breakthrough! Amen?

So let's strive forward together and let Him shines in us and through us! =)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MunK, its the new year now and i just had a terribly emo night instead of celebrating.

And reading this post...about burning the bridge behind us as we walk and about God teaching us...it made me cry even more T___T

I really need to walk right with God again. I'm in rut...

etherealillusion said...

huppy new year mk!!!

aehknum said...

Hey Gwen, you're doing alright you know. I just hope that reading this entry doesn't bring any condemnation feelings etc okay. All I know is that is that He loves you no matter what and He accepts you for who you are. You don't need to be all good or be someone that you're not(you're not like this, this is just an example) so that He'll love you but His love for you is already eternal.

See, in the bible it was said that He loves you even before you were born and He knows the very number of hair on your head. Even Mr Boiboi who loves you soooooooooo much wouldn't have your daily statistics of hair drops or hair growth but He does! So, I just wanna encourage you and give you this assurance that He loves you soooooooo much and yeah, just feel loved okay. Hehe and, I love you too!! =)


etherealillusion --- Hey Yen Sue, Happy New Year to you too!! =)