Sunday, April 6, 2008

Want a hug?



Everyone wants to be loved and feel loved. That's the soft element that's present in every homosapiens, I believe.

Yesterday, Amelia wore a tee stated "free hugs" to youth. She literally gave everyone a hug (those who read her tee and asked for it la). It was good!

Quoting what Yikwooi said in one of her old entries here,

another thing
i feel great to see them hugging someone and say
i miss you, or
i love you
(not only husband and wife or boy friend girl friend la)

Asian would feel shy to do that
yeah, i agree, it's shy
i never tell my parent that i love them or i miss them
i never tell my friends too

i tried
but they gave me a very weird respond
'YERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR'
something sounds like i am lesbian


I've known Amelia close to 2 years now. And I just got my FIRST hug from her yesterday. I admit that there were many times and in many occasions (joy, excitedness, cold), one side of me wanted to give her a hug but the other side of me stopped me from doing so. It's like, so weird right? I don't know how to put these in words, but it's something like, what would she think? Would it be weird? What if she say no? (so much of rejections, haha!) So, all these kinda hindered me from putting all my guts together.

I'm raised up in a family that doesn't really express what we really feel. We don't hug or tell them that we love them and all. It's quite, err, awkward in a way. I also don't hug my friends etc, I felt the same as Yikwooi.

But it was in Mission Bible Camp in Good News Church, Kuching back in 2002 where I was first exposed to hugs. Thanks to my new met friends that time like Felicia, Grace Chung, Li Ern and Angela. They would come to me and ask for a hug everytime they meet me.

And when I say hugs, I don't mean those "fake hugs", those shoulders touch shoulders and with a slight pat on the back kinda hug. If you get what I mean la. It's so sad when people give hugs just for show, non genuine or sincere ones. Okay maybe not, maybe these are known as social hugs? Haha! I don't know.

Personally I would prefer a tight bear hug (people like Angela and Sher Ri will understand what I mean). You know, the unspoken messages from your heart like "I love you" or "Everything will be alright, I'm with you" or "Thank you" can be passed through your hugs? It just feels good la.

Watch this video clip and you will get what I mean.



Hugs don't cost you anything but the after effect is priceless. It's time to show some love!

Want a hug from me? =)


---

Oh btw, Planetshakers is coming to town!

Photobucket

This ain't the Malaysian one. Henry Seeley and his team will be here.

Venue: MPH, Sunway University College.
Time: 5pm - 7pm
Date: 13 April 2008 (Sunday)

So, come and do join us for another great time of fellowship with Jesus! Admission is free.

If you need directions to that place, do leave me a comment or email me at aehknum@gmail.com. I'll give you the directions there.

Note: It's NOT meant for Christians only. Everyone is welcomed! =)

So, see you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

huh??? got malaysian one de meh??? omg is there anything malaysia wont try to copy or imitate?????? don tel me they are called penggoncang bumi/planet???

lolz its a joke... don get too stressed by it

aehknum said...

Not copy or immitate la.. but memang got planetshakers malaysia one. Some sort of "branch" from the Aussie' planetshakers. Under City Church Kuala Lumpur, their meetings are on Sunday 5pm in Sunway University College also. And the worship leader is good! =)