Friday, December 21, 2007

Jogged.

You didn’t read the title wrongly. Few days back, littlest sis and I actually went jogging.


Photobucket



I must admit that, jogging in Taman Rakyat is a strenuous activity.


Photobucket



Mun Sheung got all geared up, even wanting to tie my ankle weight to her ankles to train her stamina. I didn’t allow for obvious reasons. It’s too heavy for her and I don’t want her to sprain her ankle since it's a meant-for-adult-ankle-weight kinda thing?



Photobucket



I told her that we should warm up and start off the track with walks first and gradually increase in pace. I know if we ran straight away, we might just end up in cramps or some other negative effects. So, she walked with me. For a kilometer.


Photobucket



After 1 km of walk, we started jogging.


Photobucket



Okay, I must admit that my stamina level decreased tremendously thanks to lack of exercise for a very long time. I only jogged for about 800 m and I couldn’t take it anymore. Not so much of breath catching, more of the “itch-and-tickling-sensation” on my abdomens, thighs (and even my butt!) given by the rush in my blood vessels.


Photobucket
Mun Sheung


Bidding goodbyes to the stamina trained in all my previous basketball, netball and other racquet games training, I walked the remainder 3.2 km.


I find it disgusting to run while scratching my abdomen, thighs and worst still, my butt (okay, I didn't do the latter and please DO NOT imagine).


Photobucket


I’ll improve in the following jog. I promise.

P/s: Is anyone up to it? The more the merrier. =)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

call me the next time :P

aehknum said...

whay ying --- yesss! Am backk!! You miss me lehh!!

(I bet you do!)



shuey -- Really?! YAY!!

Anonymous said...

ME!

aehknum said...

Really?? Don't bluff!

You puteri lilin one! If say go shopping or makan include you then I'll believe la.

(Still thinks that I should get you spoon for Christmas. You want the cute cute ones so that you will eat more? Those with aeroplane sound one.. can be found at toddlers' department)

Eevy said...

ME ME ME!!!

aehknum said...

eevon!

YOU SERIOUS?!?! you can mehh?

Anonymous said...

i always wonder why we get itchiness when run ar??? esp when go tmn rakyat.. biomed student, tell me y?!

EcCentr|c (Emmerie W) said...

omg.ME ME ME!!! AT LEAST you got thru 800m. i cant even do half. anyway. i saw eevon tht day. i think she cant recognize me hahahh

aehknum said...

mayc -- the reason to this (as read in the entry, if you read it properly) is that when you run right, your cardiac reacts. Your heart pumps harder so that more oxygen can be carried by your red blood cells to all the tissue muscles in your body in order to generate energy via respiration. The 'itch' is the rush in your blood vessels. Especially when we haven't done any cardiac/pulmonary activity for a very long time (so our blood vessels aren't used to rush flow). Clearer? Cheers. =)


eccentric-me --- You seriously?! ALRIGHT, LET'S GO MAN!! You can run also one la! My stamina seriously gone down ALOT! Imagine last time those tournaments arent a big problem for me. Now, running straight only also problem edi. I know why, let's blame the hills! Haha!

Eh, I'll count you in lor! And, seriously Eevon can't recog you ah?? Or she din see you?? Imposs right. Too pretty edi la you!

Anonymous said...

huhu the weights thing not only for adults le... some of my super-duper-frantically-die-hard tennis frens have them... nvr heard of them gettin sprained ankles from them ler...

aehknum said...

I know what you mean. Cause I used them during my sports training back in school. During my secondary school days. That also mine I tie the tightest edi lehhh..


But Mun Sheung's a kid. Different. Her ankle that side so small only la. The thing will be very loose. And if she's not careful, memang can sprain the ankle one.

yinkheay said...

Yea. Experienced the same thing too. I mean scratching my thigh halfway jogging. lol. Dunno why always like tat one. =P

Eevy said...

I got go morning walks with my mom and aunty wan k..in Taman Rakyat..if you go around 8am you can see me there..don't look down on me la.. =P

aehknum said...

heay --- because of our blood rush la. If we jog always, wont have edi one. Must get used to it.



eevon -- seriously? FUYOHHH!! I thought you'll only go with Cheng Cheng. Din know your mom and aunt also. Geng!

babysue said...

Wah, very long discussion on jogging, itching and all =D Makes you feel motivated to go for more right?? Haha. Think I wanna join too la, though 'warm-warm chicken shit' only hahahaaa..

aehknum said...

You wanna join? Haha! You stay so far la!! Plus plus... your work ends so late. Go gym better right? =)