Saturday, August 11, 2007

Insignificant.

"Hey, come join us for mamak"
"Don't want la, smart people like you all there only. I sesat la"



"Hah? I alone again ah?"

"You got Yuan Ding what!"



"Happy or not, all your 3 darlings also going for camp?"
"Huh? Darlings? Who?"
"Aivy, Jo-Anne and Sharon Lee lorr"


"Eh, come join us for youth la"
"You have Amelia there what, makes no differences if I'm there or not"


These are the common replies I often receive, especially the latter one (sometimes other names).

Most feel that their presence...
... is insignificant
... of no importance
... is not welcomed

They are just feeling insecure about themselves.

No doubt, I always feel that way too.

---

12The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.
14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many.
15
If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.
16
And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body.
17
If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?
18
But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.
19
If they were all one part, where would the body be?
20
As it is, there are many parts, but one body.
21
The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"

1 Corinthians 12: 12-21

Everyone is important, everyone is significant. Just like what is said in verse 21,

21The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!"

just because we're of one body!

Every different part plays different roles. You may think that the brain is the most important in our body because it's the operating and organizing centre.

But, what if...
we have no legs?
No hands?
No heart?

So, we can't walk?
We can't do things?
There will not have blood circulated around our body.

We're likewise!

No one is more significant than the other. Everyone plays an important role.

There's no such thing as Mun Khea's goes mamak with the "smarter" group and the "not-so-smart" people should be inferior about. C'mon, we're all the same! We still get the same roti canai or teh tarik!! Not like the "smarter" ones get a bigger portion of the food or tastier ones?

Mun Khea has Yuan Ding? She's not everything to me lahh! I still need other friends, all the friends!

3 "darlings" that went for camp? Haha! They AREN'T even mine okay. I would think that the more the merrier! I love camps with many many friends there.

And.. Amelia is not my only friend in youth okay. She's not even talking to me these days. Sigh.

But you.. the one reading this sentence right now, IS SIGNIFICANT to me!

Before I close, would love to share the following short passage with you guys.



I don’t know if anyonx of you rxalizx that thxrx’s actually a missing alphabxt in this short passagx. Somxhow, this particular alphabxt fxxls that shx’s insignificant amongst thx rxst of thx 25 alphabxts and shx didn’t want to bx includxd in this short passagx xvxn as I’m typing now. But thx truth is, do you rxalizx hxr importancx in making a word looks likx a word now?

Thx samx goxs to us. Wx may fxxl that wx’rx insignificant in a big crowd but “hxy! You’rx thx big chap wxyy!” Bx xncouragxd and rxmxmbxr you’rx nxxdxd. You’rx morx than anything in God’s xyxs.

(idea from Pastor's writes..)


You're the significant one!

Be blessed!

Till then, signing OFF

0 comments: