Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Gimic to "look taller"



I know a secret.

Do you know that we're slightly taller early in the morning when compared to afternoon or late evening?

Slightly taller by a maximum of 2 cm only la.

But hey, that makes up almost an inch okay! Better than none.

---

The secret lies behind the intervertebral's disc (the dark grey part in the diagram below), the disc that's terkepit (stucked) in between your spinal vertebrae.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Water is the major component of the nucleus pulposus (the light blue part).

So, when we take in water in the morning, it bulges thus addding to our height before we get dehydrated in the evening losing those water.

So, when your school teacher or your medical doctor wants to measure your height, make sure its done in the morning.

Note for Su Ann and Amelia: Please don't drink so much water!

Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eh, drink coffee will make ppl shorter anot?

u are so cekap in finding facts so can u pls find this one out for me cos I duwan to shrink! =P

aehknum said...

Hello!

It's time to shrink a little so that I can talk to you easily la! Kesiankan my neck abit can?

I always love to have a shoulder arm kinda thing.. but you.. dissapointTO (according to Mayc, every word that ends with "T" will have "TO" behind it) me leh!

Btw, I'll try to find out for you all the consequences of having too much coffee okay? =D