Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Indon Food & Indian Rojak

Alright Wan Chin, this is for you. Haha!

If any of you happened to be around Sunway area, happened to feel hungry, suddenly feel like trying out some out-of-the-box-food..

You may wanna try here:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Restaurant Ria

Basically it's an Indonesian (Jawa) Food Restaurant that serves East Jawa food? Duhh.

It's located at Mentari (buildings directly opposite Sunway Pyramid). This is just one of their branches, known as the KL branch. The main headquarters is in Batam, there's another branch in Singapore and 12 other branches around Indonesia.

Try this..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Basically, this is their main attraction. Penyek, much known as flattened actually kinda give you the idea that this whole-leg chicken was flattened as it is prepared. The side dishes that came accompanying the chicken are some vegetables, fried beancurd and tempe (fermented soybean). This dish costs RM 6

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Bakso is basically fried beef-balls. They are really good! I love these! =)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These shrimps are real good too, from what I heard. I'm not to sure as I haven't try it myself. Jean Nee?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Basically, it's just fried hardboiled eggs accompanied by those same side dishes.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gado-gado is the Indonesian version of rojak.

I teared. I know of people (weird friends) who wants to see the "other" side of me, crying. They are weird people, I tell you!

Well, that's a rare occasion but I would give credits to the sambal served in this restaurant. It's nice but it's REALLY SPICY!

Wait, I didn't cry. My lips were all red and a little swollen with just the little sambal May Jean put on my rice.

The only weird thing bout this restaurant is..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

WHY?!

---

Next, I heard of this really good Indian rojak in SS15. It's somewhere opposite Subang Parade, in between the McD (SS15 branch) and Gazebo. I told May Jean that I wanna do a food review on this and to her reply,

"Review? Don't need la. Straight away give 10/10 marks for the rojak. Really very nice one!"

So, is it that good? I'm never and still not a fan of rojak but well, no harm trying right?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was about 2 something on a Wednesday evening. Working hour? Look at the queue!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rojak

It's the typical kind of Indian rojak. The gravy is good, I supposed? This plate of rojak with "added" items only costs RM 4.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

See how my friends enjoy them.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Who say only people paktoh under the trees? The folks in Subang all eat rojak and cendol under the tree one lehh. Canggih leh?

---

More to come, if I know of any places with good food. Do give them a try!

Don't know how to get there? Ring me! =)

Can bring me there and treat me also, if you want =)

Note for May Jean: Thanks for the lunch weyy! Paiseh.


Till then, signing OFF.

11 comments:

nilimpa said...

hungry wei. Thanks to you I'm going to get my friend to bring me there next week.

aehknum said...

Haha!

The restaurant should give me some discounts next time.. since I intro ppl to them =)

Anonymous said...

udang PENYEK ma ma dei la..i think the ayam PENYEK more worth the price.
n dun order the eggs..waste money..^^
n the sambal is nice..shud bring MK there again n feed her with sambal..hahahaha.

aehknum said...

Jean says it all.

She's a good "food reviewer" as she eats only good food.

No more sambal for me please, beh tahan!

mayc said...

rojak looks tasty... =D
better than rojak klang ar?

aehknum said...

Rojak Klang ah... the one sold by Cendol Klang??

Err.. actually I don't quite know. As said, aint a rojak fan.. thus, I don't do much comparison.. didn't really eat rojak Klang also.. but this one tastes not bad.

My friends like it so much =)

Anonymous said...

wah, munk, there's no need for u to announce so loudly my name kua...tsk... see bcoz of this good food post, so many ppl leave comments right? should give credit to urself d! hehe~

feeling hungry right now, chaoz~

Anonymous said...

u r so taking me there=D

aehknum said...

wchin,
must announce la, you reminded me so many times. I dont purposely blog bout food to gain more comments one la, what if I din go eat?

Haha! So happen only la.. and if got good food, must intro intro la =)

emme,
Right!! .. when you come back in Dec, there we go okay? =)

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

aehknum said...

Thanks Chaela for the generous encouragement =)