Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Is It Wrong To Study?



The Monash library nowadays is so packed with people that not a single unoccupied table can be found. That was the case for Dyanna the other day.

Exam season laa.. that explains right?

See, I'm clever, so I'll usually crash Sunway College instead. The library there's quite packed as well, but what they have is alot of empty unoccupied classrooms. Yes, classrooms! Xuewen, Pei Fun, Renee (occasionally) or Jon (occasionally) and myself would hijack an empty classroom there and that will be our library for the day. Provided no security guards chasing us off, that is.

---

Last week's incident was my, by far, most embarrassing moment in my Uni days. You know la, no more Sue-li along side, not much embarrassing stories to tell.

Well, Pei Fun, Renee and I were studying in this classroom last week. The settings of the classroom is somewhat like following:


So when we heard sound (closing of doors of other classrooms), me, being the smart alec decided to play some hide-and-seek game with the patrolling guards. We turned off all the lights in the classroom and hid at the position as above. Renee squatted next to me while Pei Fun dengan pandainya went to the opposite (just as illustrated above).

I saw the guard peeping in through the small see-through-glass of Door A. Well, the door is something like this:

and he peeped in through that small transparent glass la. I was actually hiding just underneath there but of course he couldn't see anything since it was pitch-dark. He left, so we were safe.. Phew!


but that's not the end of the story yet!


He heard sound! So the guard went to Door B and that's because we forgot to turn off the noisy grandpa aircond!! OMG! At the sound of him turning the knob of door B makes me go ternganga and seriously, I do not know what should we do next.

He opened Door B, and the diffusion of lights from the outside of the classroom shone into classroom revealed Pei Fun's shadow a little. The guard then switched on the lights and said "Hello" to us.

How embarrassing I tell you! To be found hiding, squatting down in the dark at the back of those tables and chairs waiting to be revealed. We raised our white flags and left the classroom =(

Lesson learnt. No point turning off the lights only, we must also turn off the airconds and make sure the doors are locked!

---

Next, since we were at the first floor, I decided to bring them to the fourth floor to hijack another class knowing that the guard has already checked them all. All doors were locked. I borrowed Pei Fun's library card, like what those intruders do, I opened the class' door with the card slit in.. The door was opened in approximately 8 seconds!

Pei Fun and Renee were definitely amazed by this magic and tutorial time was next! Taught both of them the trick and they did it! Now, both of them passed (with flying colours) in hijacking classrooms with a library card. Kudos!

---

So today (another different story) Pei Fun, Xuewen, Jon and I got chased out from the class ('cause we were too slow!). That resorts us to hijack another class.

At every sound of footsteps, we'd quickly turn off the lights and airconds (the doors are locked always). Man, it was quite thrilling, so much of the adrenaline rush for the false alarms!

They hid something like these:

Photobucket
Pei Fun, xuewen and Jonathan.

Photobucket
Pei Fun

Photobucket
Jon

So we stayed in the dark for good ol' 10 minutes, hiding like an illegal immigrant.

Then someone mentioned, is it wrong to study?

10 comments:

Jupester said...

LOL so embarassing!!Lucky thing noone assaulted d guard for d sake of not being recognized.hiding and hijacking like sth from some spy movie LOL.why wanna hijack sunway classroom when u can use monash classroom without running for fear at footsteps?
btw,sunway so kaya oso using noisy aircons haih.n u gotta teach me that library card manouvre too =)
~hweithieng~

2nd Unit 2nd Room said...

:)
it's rather typical for students like you guys to do things like these...
used to do this in my uni years too... but then again we often seek permission ^^
just in case they don't lock us in

~JuNiE~ said...

Ha ha! Funny nye ur stories! I should have joined u studying there. So 'exciting'! XD

aehknum said...

Hwei Thieng -- Monash's classroom is always packed and there are lots of inconsiderate people inside also larr.. I think I'd prefer empty classes all to ourselves, yeah, privacy =) And the hijacking class with card thingy only works for door that aren't very tight (so that the card can go in) and must be the knob kind. Those doords in Monash cannot use this way 'cause they use double lock kind. Sigh


unclejosh --- Hello! Found this blog randomly? Haha. Anyway, nice to see you! You all really ask for permission ah? I don't think they'll allow la.. they'll just ask us go squeeze with the rest in the library or the foyer =(


junie --- hehe, yeah quite fun also. Embarrassing stories only right =/

kienz said...

oh my god, super malu, maluuuuuuu >_< hahahaha. I got my space in Cathy's lab to study, whee

nylus said...

101% sampatness...

HAHA!!!

aehknum said...

kienz -- *hides head in the hole like a camel* damn embarrassing okayyy.. and the word malu somewhat makes me more malu >.< cathy's lab? lucky you! =(


nylus -- I juggled if I should blog bout this and after relating this story to Sueli the other day, she said I should blog bout it. I think you guys deserve a break from your stressful revision thats why I dont mind revealing my memalukan stuff.. actually got alot more la.. these days dont know why. Do you wanna join us next time? hahahaha..

Ern said...

Hi Munk! Been a looong time since i last visited ur blog. And lo and behold, like always, I find something really interesting like this on ur blog! The pics are so so funny! Hiding in the dark... Actually can study meh? Keep turn on lights, then off and hide, then on.. Later the guards will begin to think there are ghosts in the campus!

aehknum said...

Welcome back Isaac!! *big welcome hug*

Aiya, having been studying there for sometime now, I sort of know their timing when they'll check one la. The last part when we hid was because they were still checking on level 4 (we were at level 4 before that too)! After that good ol' 10 minutes, we can turn the lights on forever and study in peace until around 9 something or 10 before they'd come and patrol again for the 2nd time. Awesome eh? LOL. But damn memalukan la the first time =/

nylus said...

errr... no thanks... too kancheong edi.. dun think can study like tat.. lol

yorr... got no other place to study meh... lib? foyer?