Wednesday, October 1, 2008

If only.



What's the point when you're the youth leader of your church, worship leading on the stage or even preach when you didn't even bother telling or dare not tell or show your friends in school how much Jesus loves them?

I'm talking bout myself.

Just the other day I was talking to babe and Nicole before music practice and I don't know what led me to suddenly think of this friend I met back in National Service. He's a Chinese guy (whom almost all the 400 girls in the camp will go goo goo gaa gaa after) who happens to be in the same platoon as me who became quite close to me. He claimed that we were from the same Chemistry tuition before during our secondary school days and all. Not that I remember him, but yeah, he's also from Klang.

This guy, whom all the girls like so much actually confused me as I talked to him even more. He introduced himself to me with a Chinese name but he introduced himself as Syah in front of the rest of 800+ NS trainees (he's the CO in NS -- the captain of all company leaders btw).

I gathered all my courage one day to clear my confusion, in one of our conversations, I asked bout his name and his doings (I saw him praying in the surau). To my surprise, he told me that he's a Muslim. I asked him why did he convert himself. He said he was from a so-called 'buddhist' background but he doesn't know anything bout their 'god'. He feels empty and at the same time, he was looking for something that would fill his life. It was when he was exposed to agama Islam in form 2 Sejarah textbook (no pun intended) that he became more interested and wanted to know more. That's also when he memeluk Islam.

It was very sad for me to hear that. The truth is, this guy, just like every other guys out there wants to know God. They also want to be loved, they also want to feel belonged. All they want is not a religion, but a personal relationship.

If only I know him back then..
If only someone shared with him earlier..
If only someone tells him that Jesus loves him earlier..

But the truth is that there's no point for me to go on with 'If only'. History will still remain to be history. Let's do something with what we are left with.

At the end of the day, there are no prizes for 'religion with most members' since Christianity is not even a religion in the first place! At the end of the day, it's all about Jesus and eternal life.

Friends, I think it's time that we should shower them with His love. After all, we love because Jesus first loved us (1 John 4:19). Amen?

Just thought I should share bout it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sigh.. one of my super close frens is the strongest atheist i hav ever met... i tried to explain to him about God but he is extremely convinced that there is no God and that we are just experiments of some sort and there is this big something up there that is playin us all like little puppets.......

aehknum said...

Well, what I could say is, just live your life as one! You, the living testimony of God differs from others. You do not need to do anything with your own strength but just allow Jesus to work through you.

Sherene, you've been a great blessing to others so far. Just keep up the good work. And, (Christ's) light in you will not grow dim, but will continue to shine to the work. I bet your friend will feel His love through you =)