Monday, October 1, 2007

Faith is fuel

My car's petrol light was already blinking end of last week. I thought it would be okay since I was on holiday and do not really go out. Everytime I go out, I forgot to get money from mom to pump it and whenever I got home, I totally forgot bout the no-petrol-thingy until the following time when I get into the car.

The same thing happened till I was asked to go and pick Mun Wah from the KTM station at Teluk Gadung just now. After picking her, the car slowed down a lot and so I swerved to the side of the road.

*swerving the car to the side slowly*

"Jie ah, don't press brake edi. Just drive to the nearest petrol station"

*right foot still at the accelerator*

"I didn't brake laa"

That was it. I restart the engine again. The car tried pressing on, I know it did but he gave up before he reaches the petrol station.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The so-near-yet-so-far-petrol kiosk

The car is exhausted, burned out and needed fuel to move on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And when it was replenished with fuel, the car felt fresh again. The car starts serving again and continue to bless others with transportation.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The same goes to our Christian life. Our life is like the car, we need fuel input.

Christian life without faith is like a car without petrol. It serves no purpose. I'm sure you've heard this many many times. Mun Wah said that statement doesn't sound so real to her till today's incident, where we were so helpless, where the car could move no more.

I thank God for the walking-distance kiosk and not stranded in the middle of the highway or something. So people, start feeding yourself with His words and practice your faith. With the littlest faith you have, when you use it, it will grow bigger. So, keep practising it till it can move a mountain! =)

Be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah..luckily not in the middle of the roundabout..good experience..makes u realise that we should do what we can today and not put it till tomorrow. =) Have a blessed day.

babysue said...

Made me lol seeing that ur car gave up right in front of the station! Lucky you. This will teach me a lesson too, as I always refuse fuel til the very last drop!

aehknum said...

eevon and lsann,

yeala!! Good thing weyy! Thank God! Sue Ann, you very bad la. Can lol somemore. People so kesian okay. Haha !

babysue said...

So funny ma!! u could have pushed the car into the station =D It decided to give u a warning, next time might not be so near. That is if there is a next time laaa...