Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chinese Name

I like my chinese name


Min Qi (Mun K), scribbled with my touch pad using handwriting tool on MSN


I can't read or write Chinese except for my own name.

Sometimes when people asked for my name in Chinese, I would quickly take out my mobile phone and dengan hao-lian (action), I will change the settings to Chinese and start typing my name with help in pinyin. Then I will show them.

"Whoa, a very nice name!"

"Of course la, grandpa gave one ma"


The first character of this name meant smart; quick; active. Not so accurate describing me, yeah, maybe the "active" word there meant "noisy" la. Aww.. they were just being nice.

and the latter character meant beautiful, silk. Beautiful? LOL. Yeah right!

Some would tell me that this name is so girl-ly. Yeala, I'm so not up to this name. Haha!

---

Was on MSN with someone bout her chinese name. She even conceived the meaning to her Chinese name wrongly all these while and disliked it for no apparent reason.

It's a beautiful name I must say.

As I was looking for real meaning to her Chinese name, I found this site which I find it super uber funny. I mean, the translated English names.

I didn't know Tom Cruise's surname in Chinese is pronounced as a "chair" in Malay by some Chinese folks who can't pronounce their Rs nicely. Eeww. And Mel Gibson? LOL

It's so cool to have Chinese name eh? I love mine.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So do you know what your name means?

4 comments:

nilimpa said...

ehh... i thought..

moon = bulan
kia = budak

moon kia = budak bulan

=P

Just playing la. Yea, I agree it's a nice name.

aehknum said...

I know la that you're playing! =)

It's always good to hear from you. And yea, nice name?? THANK YOU!! hahaha


Now, study ehh!! I'm going insane soon.

babysue said...

My name means 'sexy' =D
Hey apparently there are other people who call u Moon Kia too! lol

aehknum said...

sexy?? really?? seriously?????

OMG. haha! That person who calls me 'moon kia' was because I revealed that in one of my blog posts okay! Haha! Thanks to you la.. =P

So, I supposed Phuan Sue Anne's chinese name is also sexy? ^^