Sunday, October 7, 2007

You would never know how an influence you may be to people around you.

I have this bad habit of moving my hands when I talked, especially last year. And Sue-Li who was always with me tend to be influenced with the movements as well. So when you see us both talk, you might laugh. I don't do that much now.

Last year as well, I tend to "Jeng Jeng Jeng" alot, all in a sudden when I drive home from school. It's either that or I'll call out Shi Yan or Sue-Li's name all in a sudden, for no reason. That's the sampat (nonsensical) part of me. And sometimes, I do hear Sue-Li or Shi Yan jeng-ing all in a sudden too. That's what you call influence. It's not a good influence. Ironically, it's not a bad one neither.

I do play the acoustic guitar for children church, youth church as well as Sunday service. Not very good though.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sometimes after playing for the Children Church, I would stay back to help out at the nursery class when it's my turn. After the teaching session, the children were given materials to colour. There was once, I took out my guitar and started playing the children song and sang. Whole class sang with me and there's this little boy, he would sit still and look at me.

I gave him my guitar pick, let him simply strum as I pressed the chords for him while singing. He was a little shy but he said he's inspired to be a guitarist like me when he grows up. By the way, he's just 5 years old.

The following week, he brought a toy guitar along with him when he came for Children Church. He made his grandma buy him a guitar right after that. He showed me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Zhu Tong (the little boy) with his toy guitar

He wouldn't allow anyone to touch his toy guitar except me. So I pretended to play with his little guitar. He would sit wherever I sit and go wherever I go. And wherever I lean my guitar against the wall, there he would leave his else well. So cute right?

Kids can be easily influenced. So people, when you have kids at home (cousins, siblings or anyone), be sure that you are of good example. Kids observe and they are easily inspired and influenced =)

---

The live concert with Juwita Suwito and her team was a blast yesterday! Many people turned up, young and not-so-young.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Harvest Youth with Juwita and team

Her voice was powerful, and her bassist was hawt. LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
MGS-ians with Juwita

Oh by the way, Juwita was an ex-MGS-ian when she was in Klang for 5 years.


Pardon the sound and motion effect of this short clip. Blame it on mom's 2.0 Mega Pixel mobile phone. It's not clear, the live version isn't like this. Mun Sheung captured this short clip using mom's phone.

It was a great time, I must say. I was so hyped up the entire day that I was knocked-out flat on my bed after dinner till this morning.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
XueWen, yours truly and Amelia Lee. I know am old

The Harvest Youth's spirit is baaaaaaaaaack!! =) Things would be different.. I'm quite excited!

That's all for now. Stay tuned for some gross anatomy pictures in the upcoming post.

Enjoy and God bless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww..she's so sweet..so sad I couldn't make it..sobz...once in a lifetime chance man..

aehknum said...

Yeala!!

It was real cool weyy!

How I wished you were there as well =(