Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ain't A Nerd!



Read nilimpa's tag and so I asked him if "To Kill A Mockingbird" his or not. Feel like reading something during the break after exam.

Oral Sex says:
actually do you read?

chipMUNK | says:
nope

chipMUNK | says:
i havent really been reading

chipMUNK | says:
i wanna read this hol

chipMUNK | says:
hahaha

chipMUNK | says:
just feel like it

Oral Sex says:
hahaha

Oral Sex says:
good

Oral Sex says:
come read together

chipMUNK | says:
the last time i read was in high school

chipMUNK | says:
that long!

When I said high school, I was actually referring to lower high school. I haven't really been reading since then. Just abit here and there.

I think I started cultivating this reading habit back in primary school when my Malay was really weak. I first learned my Malay from the subtitles of the TVB series with my family. Then, I learned more from reading Malay (short) novels. I love books written by Enid Blyton like Lima Sekawan, Tujuh Penyiasat, Sri Hadi and whatnot which were translated from Famous Five, Secret Seven, The Hardy Boys respectively. They were amongst my favourite! Yeap, so that's where I picked up my Malay.

I even remember winning awards for "Kempen Galakkan Membaca" (some nonsense campaign which no one bothers) in school for being the one who reads the most? Gosh. That sounds so nerdy! I seriously don't really read alot, just that no one elses in school reads? Yeap, that explains.


Photobucket
Some of the useless pialas that I got from reading/academic. Not all though.


Back in upper primary school days, I'd follow my best friend (Lee Lian) to the Klang Library every Saturday after CCA. Her dad will drop us both there and that's our hang out place? LOL. To think bout it, her dad was the one who cultivated this reading habit in us.

There was one period of time when Juliana Lim (from the neighbour class) thought that I was a nerd when we take the same bus to school. That's because I was (note the past tense used) quiet, and she sees me reading story books in the bus everyday. It's either that, or I'll try to come out with new melody for songs using my recorder. The impression got worsen when she found out that I got first place in my class for exam. She must have carried that "nerdy" impression of me since then. Believe it or not, I was (and still am) not a nerd!

That impression lasted until she really really know me when we were in form 1 (we were in the same class, we carpooled to school, we lepak-ed together all the time). Her perception of me changed 180 degree to be someone noisy, active and cheeky.

Started picking up English novels in high school. I even volunteered myself to be a librarian in school when I was in form 1. That was because I was told that librarians can borrow many more books and all. But I quited in a month time to avoid someone there. Sounds stupid, yeah, whatever.

One of my favourite authors is Adeline Yen Mah. I personally feel that she writes good books. I know that there are many more good writers out there but pardon someone who doesn't read like me la okay.

Sad to say, other than The Bible and reference books, I haven't been reading. Any kind soul with good books for loan?

Your kindness will be repaid by my Daddy when you meet Him in heaven later on =)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

lolz.. i was very rajin in readin books until i was in form 3.. too bz to be readin regularly.. hehe

but if u like classics, jane austen is da bomb.. haha

twilight is nice too... by stephanie mayer (i think thats the name)

aehknum said...

Ahh. No classicals.

Haha, I don't know why (even in movies), I prefer stories that has something to do with teenagers or better still if its an adventure. May sound childish but *shrugs shoulder* =/ *dooo dooo doooo*

jphuaa said...

Reading is the best therapy. I can just lose myself in books. Haha.

aehknum said...

I knoww!! I secretly read a book (haven't completed though) in your room what! Thats when you were sleeping on the floor. LOL. I still like your room --- messy but cozyyy! =D

Anonymous said...

lolz.. in that case u will like twilight!! but its about vampires tho.. hahaha

hey mun khea, is the mantoux shot thing suppose to be reddish??its kinda pinkish-reddish now...

worried................

kienz said...

You were chatting with 'Oral Sex'? =_= gosh

Nerdy Birdy! with trophies too!

princess jolyn said...

why dun like classics? well, one book from the mordern era that i read before which is good is a walk to remember..am reading mother of pearl now..it's on oprah's book club list so i bet it's good

nilimpa said...

Hi. I am Oral Sex. I like my MSN nick very much. LOL.

aehknum said...

sherene -- twilight? I might look see look see bout it. And gosh, the area jabbed with tuberculin (Mantoux test) will appear pinkish-red ONLY IF YOU HAVE TB. You sure or not? Double confirm it la okay. You still have to show your GP right?? Only that area or what? Anyway, this test alone cannot be 100%. Pray that it could be just an adverse reaction between your skin with the drugs (like allergy) instead of the tubercle bacilli (TB bacteria).



kienz --- interesting right? =) Do you like it? I can intro, he's from Monash also!


princess jolyn haha, I don't know la. Somehow I just don't know how to appreciate classical stories? Maybe that's because I can't imagine. And is the "A Walk To Remember" yours?? I haven't watched the movie you know! omgoshh right?? If its yours, can pinjam sometime next week??? I'll be done with my papers by Thursday.. whoohooo! =D



nilimpa Yes, Oral Sex. Hi =) I prefer Gay Boy. Sounds cute.

kienz said...

hahaha, I guess I'll like IT, but being introduced to a 'he' version of Oral Sex ain't exactly what I live for ;p nyahahaha

aehknum said...

He's a very nice friend lehh. You'll never know until you meet him laa. =)

Who knows _____________ (fill in yourself)

kienz said...

haha, well nicks can be deceiving :p "Hi there, meet my friend, Oral sex *slurrp slurrp*" nyahahaha

aehknum said...

You can try.. (I'm deadly serious, Jo!)

kienz said...

hahah, I wasn't! XD I'm just messing hahaha

aehknum said...

Scared lehh? I'm kidding also la. I asked Oral Sex just now, he doesn't want also. Guess he's also shy? =)