Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Blood Shed >>>



Hemaphobia
. Yes, this means fear of blood. I learnt something last week during my gathering that there are many people who are fear of blood. I heard stories like people fainted when they saw blood? Are you one of them?

Rather, balenephobia - fear of needles or pins. Many times, it's not because one is not kind hearted or didn't want to donate blood etc, rather they are afraid of needles and pain. Therefore, we still short of blood supply for patients.

Since I posted in Blood Bank department last week, I actually volunteered myself to donate some blood since group O is always in need of blood. Normally, the government blood bank would demand 450 cc of blood from me, but the private hospital that I'm in now, only demanded 300 cc - max. They said that I'm "small" and scared that I would collapse, yea right!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I didn't had enough blood. The blood flow was so slow (almost 30 minutes) that the flow almost stopped at 250 cc. So, I donated these much only. During that 30 minutes of lying down on the bed, I thought of Jesus' shed blood for me.

Imagine, most of us are afraid of needles, and the pain when going through this blood donation process.. and most people are "forced" to donate only when their loved ones, their relatives are admitted into hospitals and are in need of blood supply.

When Jesus was crucified, He was God in the form of man. He could feel pain, like us all. He probably have the same phobia too - fear of blood, fear of needles and fear of pain. Just an extra information, there WASN'T any anesthesia for Him at that time!! The nails that went through His hands and feet were much larger in diameter than our needles now. The needles that poked us now are just itsy-bitsy tiny needle compared to His gigantic nail that went through His flesh, bone and tendon! Ouchhh~~~

But Jesus shed His blood for us and died for our sins even though we were still sinners (Romans 5:8)! He hung on the cross so that our sins are forgiven and we are clothed with His righteousness. He didn't deserve that "punishment" because He did not sin, but He loved us so much and this is the only way we could be redeemed. Therefore, rejoice in the Lord today that we are free from every bondage and curses. We are saved by grace and we are now righteous before God's eyes, He could only see His Son, Jesus in us. And all we need to do is to believe and love everyone in this world because He first loved us (1 John 4:19).

Be encouraged, be blessed, and feel loved by His complete work on the cross; exclusively for you! Till then, signing OFF



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..dun talk about needless!!! i just got titanus jab yday!

Anonymous said...

needles*

aehknum said...

babe: I remembered I was very happy when they said we gonna get tetanus jab when I was in f3. Sounds crazy, I know. But that's one of the way to SKIP CLASS! Escape sejarah lessons wei! FUN!!!

aehknum said...

all these small jabs not pain one la.. needle so small. My blood donation's is bigger. But Jesus' nail, OUCH~~ If I, I think I died on the spot dy.. LOL.

princess jolyn said...

yes..Jesus went through so much pain for us..He loves us so much..really cant imagine wat He went through man.. needles..some nurses dunno how to inject wan lor..till now my bcg/tetanus jab (cant remember which) is still numb lor..TILL NOW,can u imagine..press a bit can feel numb numb..dunno how they do things wan lor..sigh