Thursday, January 11, 2007

BLESSED 19th BIRTHDAY, GIDEON YEOH!

DOB: 11th January 1988

I don't know how many of you remember how many birthday parties or even the birthday celebrations we had in youth.. I can safely say that most of these birthday celebrations (tho' not all) were initiated by Gideon.

Honestly, am really proud to see his enthusiasm and passion for the youth and for Christ. When we make a stand saying, "yes, I wanna serve you, Lord!", Does that means we must only be in the worship team so that we can serve Him? The answer is no. The meaning of serving God become real when we start to serve man. I'm not trying to say that we should be enslaved to every man or mad science students like us love to come out with funny equations like this but this is UNACCEPTABLE:

serve God = serve man ---(1)
(1) divides by "serve"
serve God = serve man
God = man

Therefore,
man = God?


Its a big NONO!! Man are NOT in the same rank as God, NEVER will be.. but in reality, God wants us to serve man.. serve others and that's one of the way to serve Him, to please Him with our actions. Jesus came to serve and didn't come to be served! Before He left, He decided to wash His disciples' feet and He didn't want His feet to be washed by His disciples. Even Simon Peter didn't understand that part! He was like.. Huh? You?? You wanna wash my feet?? Yeah rite! I don't dare oh let you wash..You're my sifu you know! People sure laugh at me one.. let sifu wash the tou-tai's feet (contemporary version). Jesus replied Peter, "The Son of Man is here to serve and not to be served". So, we, the followers of Jesus Christ should follow His footstep.. here to serve others and not to be served. And here, our Gideon has shown his passion in serving His people. This is what am proud of!

Yesterday, we all celebrated his birthday in Station 1. So cute to see his reaction, I guess he was shy, wasn't he?? LOL. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BROTHER! Continue to shine for Him yea!

Here are some pictures taken:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
everyone after the makan...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
his majesty's birthday cake..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BLESSED 21st BIRTHDAY, TAN SHI YAN!!!!

DOB: 6th January 1986

I've got to know Shi Yan for almost 2 years now.. around 23 months since I first met her in Monash University orientation day on February 2005. Remembered how she claimed that she knew me. Huh?? Know me?? *one-eye brow up* That was my response at that time..

Rupa-rupanya that dalang TAN SUE-LI ada cakap dengan Ee Von pasal I semasa dia orang kat MUFY.. adalah dia orang sebut nama saya dengan orang lain macam Khoo Sher Ri, Tan See Ting dan sebagainya.. Oleh itu, itu Tan Shi Yan pun tahu siapa I lor.. mengumpat pasal kita orang kot..

I remembered offering Ee Von a lift home after uni one of the early days in uni and she asked if I could give Shi Yan a lift as well or not.. I was like, "okay, sure.. where does she stay?" And to my surprise, she's also from KLANG!! (all hail klang-ites!). A typical follow-on question when you found out that someone you know is from the same kampung as you, so I asked, "Oh really?? Which part of Klang do you live in??" And do you know what was her answer?? TAMAN SRI ANDALAS! There's where yours truly is living in also! What a small world.. *tsk tsk*

More surprises were added when Shi Yan said that she saw me before and know who I am since we were from the same BM and add maths tuition that we attended in form 5.. thanks to Grace Tay (our excellent BM teacher) and Mr Low (our add maths teacher) who loves calling my name in front of the whole class and some other MGSians' name.. and that makes us so "known" in the class. What a way to be known.. hrrmmmm.. Shi Yan attended Sunita's tuition and that's when she knows Sue-li sekalian and she was the TOP student in Convent school. So popular because of her scores and everyone knows her existence except for the katak-di-bawah-tempurung Mun Khea la..

There was one incident when she came to MGS representing Convent school for inter-school chemistry quiz and I remembered Sue-Li came telling me.. "eh Mun Khea, Shi Yan also came eh.." and I was like, "Who is Shi Yan?".. "Neh.. that girl there" *pointing pointing at Shi Yan* but I still could not get who.. Hrrmmm.. And being a prefect at that time, I was patrolling near the washroom when Shi Yan and Cindy (her partner from Convent school) came out of the toilet.. Shi Yan smiled at me wanting to say Hi but I didn't even notice since I don't know her.. I went and talked to Cindy (met Cindy several times in several quizzes that I represented school in.. always competing with her.. MGS-Convent ma) but we're still friends.. no hard feelings. Shi Yan was dissapointed with my response at that time, she told me this 2 years later.. ahhaha..

Ahem, so now I know who you are, Tan Shi Yan! We carpool-ed or rather I fetch her to uni almost everyday along with Sue-Li for almost 2 years dy.. Had lots of laughter together, fun and good memories.. Thanks for being my friend!

This year is her 21st Birthday.. on the 6th Jan (didn't post yet till now, lazy) and she gave us "wedding banquet" (according to Jackie Teng) at her place. Here are some pictures taken:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Birthday girl and her parents

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
MGS + Convent + Monash Girls..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
hampalang young people!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Clockwise from top left: Yune-ine, Mun, Ee Von, Cheng, See Ting, Sue-Li, Zhu Jinn, Junie, Wan Chin, Shi Yan (bday girl) and Sher Ri

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another group photo with the guys tagged along

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Benjamin and I.
He claimed that I purposely copied his attire, black tee with blue jeans to be same with him. *swt*

1 + 1 = 2

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
+ Sher Ri! (pretty leh!!)
2 + 1 = 3


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
+ Chee Shin! (handsome leh!!)
3 + 1 = 4

arghh.. forget it bout the calculations.. was trying to count like the Cicak Man.. heard from Auntie Mei that he counted after tumpas-ing each enemy, so I counted after each person was added to the picture. LOL. Its okay, I know am L-A-M-E!

So, HAPPY BELATED 21st BIRTHDAY, TAN SHI YAN! I know with this 21 years old "licence" you can do lots of things with TOTAL freedom.. can even get married without parent's consent.. so, DUN be naughty dy ah!! Must grow up and behave dy oh!! LOL

Credit: Special thanks for the photos from Tan Sue-Li and Tan Shi Yan's camera

Leave a comment! =) Till then, signing OFF

0 comments: