Sunday, January 21, 2007

YUMMY =)

Just now, a bunch of friends from Monash University came down to Klang, craving for bah kut teh. This week, Sharon and Amelia Lee actually stayed back to have dinner with us (something unusual) and I told them that I'm not joining the youth for dinner because I have appointment with my uni friends. They gave me a quite-dissapointed look. Don't know they were real or not, doubted, probably happy? I somehow felt guilty la, so I offered to fetch them to kampung (the youth wanted to eat there at first) and teman them for a while till my friends reach Klang.

Mana tau when we reached kampung, I was told that they've changed the location to Jeth's Ice in Bt Tinggi and that's really far as my appointment place with my friend is in Taman Rashna (travelling from Bandar Baru Klang). With the slow-moving traffic on Saturday nites, I was undecided whether to join them or not. And Sharon taught me how FFK my uni friends just suggested that I should just join the youth for makan lor instead. Actually, it wasn't a too bad thing cause if I were to drive back from Bt Tinggi, my friends would have finished eating by then. So, I stayed with Sharon's decision. See, Sharon! How much I sayang you??!

I remembered that I've to fetch Sue-li and Eevon back also, along with the guilt that creeps in me for not joining them (Junie and gang), I went to pick them up and brought them for tong sui in Bandar Baru Klang. The desserts there are quite good, you should try!

Here are some photos of the desserts,
caution: PLS DO NOT DROOL ON YOUR KEYBOARDS, or they'll short circuit!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mango Snow Ice (recommended! *thumbs up!*)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
sai mai loh
(some honey dew sago thingy)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Milk Snow Ice with Raw Egg

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tong yuen!

These tong yuen somehow reminds me of the tongyuen(s) that we made in Evelyn's condo at the end of 2005. Those were the days, really missing them!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mad science students, flour attack!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
S-T-D positive!


By the way, STD does not stand for "standard". It's the short for SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE. whoah! I can see all the kepoh-ness start to terselah dy! Don't worry, I'm not blogging bout myself having STD or anything. Not here to announce this.. hehe.

Well, today I had a cut on my finger when I was bathing. A piece of epithelial tissue just came off actually. I've measured, the missing piece of epithelial tissue was 1 mm wide and 5 mm long. Ouch! It hurts. Anyway, I've sterilized it and no bacteria could attack and should grow on it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saw that cut? If exposed, bacteria should double in number every 20 minutes. And if its not properly cleaned with disinfectant or things like that, the bacteria can take over you!

Anyway, wanted to share something I found out in my lab yesterday. There was this sample (a swab actually) sent in to the Medical Micro department wanting to check out for Neisseria gonorrhea (gonococci, a kind of bacteria). Remember? Bacteria could multiply, double themselves every 20 minutes if their activities aren't inhibited. For me its a new case, I mean this case is not commonly handed, I haven't done it before also.. and this guy actually requested for this test. So, we prepared the slides and looked under the microscope as well as culturing them on the agar plate. My friend and I stayed in the micro room while my supervisor went to check under the microscope (usually negative case, so we weren't so bothered also). After a while, my supervisor ran in to the room where we were in and
guess what!? We FOUND gonococci!!! My friend and I went and examine it, and its TRUE!!

We were told that gonococci is a bacteria that present only in SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE. Meaning, that guy could (high probability) have been a little bit naughty before this.. don't know where he visited.. Petaling Street maybe? There was once when A. Janie brought Aivy and I to get christmas party stuff at the Petaling Street.. and Aivy showed me those people.. yeeww~

But one thing really confused us in the lab, these bacteria always invades the urethra part. So, to get the thing, we gotta insert a small wired loop through the penis and its a really very superbly terrifying painful process, I heard. But this guy's sample was gotten as a swab?? So big (size of a cotton bud)!! How could it get through the small opening at the penis?? *weird*

Then only my supervisor mentioned that this guy surely suspected this dy.. cause this bacteria would cause the discharge to be ever-flowing all the way from the penis gland. EVER-FLOWING you know!! Meaning, non stop! So guys, if any of you have been "naughty" and you see some fluid always flowing and never stop, quick go consult the doctor to get jabs. Very cheap only. RM 60 for each jabs, and you need three jabs to kill all these "naughty" bacteria and you need to rest for three days. That's all =P and then you can naughty back if you want to.... AT YOUR OWN RISK. LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Datuk Dr M. Jegathesan


I was reading Amelia's previous posts in her blogs actually, till I came across this name "Datuk Dr M. Jegathesan" when she quoted him on some time management thingy. This name appeared so familiar to me and guess what, I've been working WITH HIM in my medical micro lab!! He actually majored in microbiology before he became a medical doctor. Don't believe? I show you.. actually purposely took this picture to show Amelia.. ahaha.. to prove to her.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He's a humble man I should say. He was a former runner, represented Malaysia up till semi-finals for Olympic game. Because of his achievement, he was given the datuk-ship. Along with his qualification as a medical doctor, he served as a minister in the Health Ministry and he's currently the Deputy President of the Malaysia's Olympic Council. He's 63 years old now and he works part time in some hospitals and universities to give lectures, and Sunway Medical Centre is a part of it. Am proud to be there! =)

I'm sleepy already. Good nite. Klar, till then, signing OFF


0 comments: