Wednesday, January 3, 2007

First Day: God's Favour! *two thumbs up*



With my past experience, I should reach my uni in Sunway by 8.30am if I leave my house around 7.30am (inclusive of the traffic jams, the trouble of finding a carpark around Monash University). I left my house at 7.40am this morning, everything went well.. the traffic flow was smooth even through the ever-busy HICOM area (using Kesas highway by the way) right until.. Subang area.

Mana tau... malang tidak berbau.. before I could even see the kewajipan exit towards Summit.. a terrible bumper-to-bumper crawl took place all the way to exit the Kesas highway. I looked at the cars on the road.. I looked at my clock, its only 8am.. phew~ trying to calm myself down as I could still afford the massive jam since I've to report myself in the hospital only at 9am. I only need to delete my intention of reaching there 30 minutes earlier to look see around the entire hospital and there, the intention innocently went into the recycle bin! Hrmm~

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
*looked at the time* 8.15am only ah? Can la..


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
masa berlalu dengan pantas, kereta berlalu dengan sangat lambat,
s***! still on the road, not much movement! 8.30am liao!!

dit dit... dit dit... diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt.. certified, time of death: 8.45am!! goodness! For 45 mins liao and I'm still on Kesas highway! I cannot be late!! It's my FIRST day!!!

Finally, I managed to reach and parked my car at 8.53am.. (parked at the Elephant Walk, around 5-10 mins walk to the hospital).. walked really fast to the hospital and managed to reached there JUST ON TIME! phew~ thank You, Jesus!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Alright, finally reached the lab!


Group: group A
working days: Mon, Wed & Fri (for the first 3 weeks; and then Tues, Thurs & Sat for the following 3 weeks)
Working hours: 8.30am - 5pm
Attire: No jeans! No slippars or "open-air" shoes! No short skirts!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There were 6 interns in the lab altogether (including myself) and I was assigned to help out in the Haematomology Department which basically, deals with blood! The person-in-charged of this department wasn't there and so, I was left to watch and observe only.. doing nothing much as that person-in-charged wasn't there to teach me. The other colleagues were all so busy, but they dare not give me work to do as I'm not properly trained yet.. since it deals with people's life!!
Imagine, if I run some test on the blood given and and being unexperienced, probably I would diagnose one to have cancer when that person doesn't have? Wrong diagnosis would lead to wrong treatment by the doctors and so on.. and it involves LIVES!!

With God's favour resting upon me, they see me differently *thumbs up!!*. They first told me that I'll just gotta observe around for today but after an hour, they saw the enthusiastic me.. and they entrusted me with some work.. little by little.. I'm left to handle the machines and specimens all by myself!! *thumbs up!!*. Of course they'll check on me once a while, and give me a smile =)

Here are some pictures, will let them do the talking:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
the red blood cells, *looking through the microscope*

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
MK at work! =P

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
blood smear

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
blood smear before staining..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
...after the staining

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


*lunch time*

Seriously, God's favour was so obvious again! During the briefing given by the lady from the Human Resource, she mentioned that the staff from this hospital will be given "discount" when ordering food from the cafeteria by showing them the ID la..
and from the past experience of other interns, we're not fully considered as staff and we most probably won't get the priviledge of getting "discount" for food.. but we can try... by wearing our nametags, only that the chances of getting would be quite low.. hhmmm =(

I lunched at the cafeteria today with my other fellow interns, not much choices.. basically, its only mixed rice. We just need to point at the particular dish, and they will scoop for us. And there, I queued with my tags on (some of my friends wore, some didn't bring out) along with my smile and clothed with God's glory, pointed at the chicken, and then the vegetable.

Whoa! Its like as though we're all of famines' survivor, rice and the dishes were given at the shape of a mountain (maybe just a hill.. *exaggerated* =P)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

saw that?!?! that lady gave me a drumstick and another big piece of chicken! And lotsa vege and rice.. goodness! And of course, I couldnt finished la. Ate only a portion of it, and tried finishing the dishes at least *shy*

So, with this amount we queued to pay at the counter. Surprisingly, the nametag works! My other friends that wore the tag has to pay around RM 3-4.. and the girl in front of me without the tag, she paid RM 5.50 for her food!! With the amount that person gave me, I expected almost that price, but guess how much was mine..

Food + Tag + smile + God's favour = RM 2.50!!

I just couldnt believe it, and that cashier kept repeat the price to me since I just don't believe. "RM 2.50 please.." *smile*
Paid and smiled to her.. Whoa!!! Unbelievable!!

And then we continued our work till 5pm. At 5pm sharp, everyone told me that I could go back already. All the interns already packed up, coming to my seat and remind me it was 5pm. But I decided to stay a while more to at least finish up my work (will never finish, but I just wanted to help a bit more). The colleague that gave me work decided to let me handle the huge and important machine since I stayed, and there I played! Learnt alot today!

Left the place after 5.30pm.. and as I was walking to my car that was parked at the "Faraway Land", some Sunway security officer? drove his "bumper car" (I don't know what do you call that) and he saw me.. He returned me with a smile and then offered to transport me to my car with his "bumper car" so that at least I don't need to walk so far.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
the "bumper car"

Thanked him and I walked a little bit more to my car.. see! As said, surely God's presence will go with me! And there He was sending people to bless me. All we need to do is to walk in His light and S-M-I-L-E! =)

It has been a long day. Would also like to specially thank Pei Fong for his piano playing also! He played for me the other day in HCA, to be his first audience I was really impressed by the way he played and this time, he actually recorded it and send the song over online!! To show my gratitude for him, decided to add his song in my blog as an audio. So, enjoy it!

Till then, signing OFF.


3 comments:

princess jolyn said...

hei girl!wat a fantastic 1st day! i had a pretty amazing 1st day too..check out my blog n see..hehe..can really see God's favour upon u..great testimony girl! keep on shining for Him ya! love ya loads..God bless=)

aehknum said...

Jo: Thanks for the encouragement! Yea, its amazing to see how God works and how He always want to bless His people.. Yeap, reading your blog too! Continue to bless others yea! =)

aehknum said...

Che': yeah! God is always good! thanks for reading =)