Thursday, February 1, 2007

Who Are You Spending Your Quality Time With?


I was at my friendster just now, I replied several messages and this image appeared once the messages were sent.



Normally, I would not be bothered by advertisements but this question: "who are you spending your quality time with?" caught my attention.

It somehow hits me. I admit I spend most of my time at home sitting in front of my lappy, either assignment-ing, chatting, surfing and all sorts I can do. I could sit here from morning till midnight yet, I won't feel bored or tired. I enjoyed nite chats with Jonathan talking bout medical and health stuffs; enjoyed teasing Fangyi with all sorts of girls, reading his responses and reactions, especially when he's so excited talking bout particular "2 girls"; LOVE chatting with both Xue Wen and Amelia because they are creative and can just keep the conversation on and on, and of course enjoyed the night chats with Sue May as well..

Enjoyed reading blogs and spamming their tagboards too. Surfing to medical references websites as I watch Grey's Anatomy is a cool thing you know! Knowing that there are men who wants to be pregnant and the first man with artificial (some in-vitro thingy) pregnancy is from China, Mr Lee Mingwei. He's proud, to carry a baby in his "womb". You can further read all these here: Male Pregnancy.

See! There are so much things to do online, definitely won't be bored. These are things I do when I'm on holiday la. When school reopens, gotta be assignment-ing and lab report-ing all the way dy. Can't even breathe. Too taxing to take up medical/health sciences courses, they do demand A LOT; especially Monash University in particular.

So, how could I not spend most of my quality time with my dear lappy?
You may be different. Your quality time spent, could be with your textbooks? Or your comfy bed? or televisions? I don't know.. but to be honest, how many of you give your prior time, first thing when you wake up in the morning you read the bible and spend the time with God? I'm ashamed of myself cause I do my devotions only at night. Will these be considered as giving God the remaining time of the day?

Besides these, I also wish to spend time with my family, my uni friends, my NS friends, my ex-high school friends, my "gang" in Harvest Youth. Email updates for my two good good friends, I Fen and Su Ann that are so far away from me?? In addition, I want to contribute a lot also, helping out with academics, or even back to school for pingpong? I don't know. I really want to do all these. From time to time, I do pop up some surprise phone calls or visits for Aivy or Jo-Anne and some others? MGS folks perhaps? I guess people like Sharon Teoh, Jolene, Nicole, Xue Wen, Amelia, Melissa Liew, Su-Ern and Michelle also see me till sien dy.. esp the first 5 people. There are just so much things that I want to do yet beyond my grasp! Why can't I do everything everyday??

But the truth is, we really need to examine ourselves on time management. Talking bout studies, many times we complaint that we don't have enough time.. There are so much to do, so much to study yet so little time is given. This shows how poor we are in managing our time. I've gone through PMR and SPM, they are seriously nothing compared to what I'm going through now in my course (maybe 1:10 ratio?).

Jesus knew all these. He has PhD for all the courses in the world. He's the professor of all professors if I could put it this way. He's the alpha and omega, He's the beginning and the end (Revelation 1:11). He's the author of our life (Hebrews 5:9). He created us, we are His creation (Genesis 5:1). So, what makes you think He didn't do well in His biology, physiology or even anatomy? If He knows all these beforehand, when He said "Seek Ye FIRST the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and ALL things will be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33), then do it. Cause He wants to give you EVERYTHING, only if you seek Him first in your life, priortise Him; that's all and ALL things (includes your exams, relationship, health etc) will be added unto you. Good grades in exams will definitely bring you good prospects in future, in your working life right up to 55 years old. But setting your goal on Jesus would bring you good prospects in your eternal life, forever and ever. You decide for yourself.

So, now all I know is to put God first in everything I do. I know everything else will be taken care by. Yes, EVERYTHING! I'm feeling comfortable in my work place now, and I really pray that I could continue to be a walking testimony for others. Wherever I go, I want to be different (not as to being weird) but shining His light all the way. Some people did come and tell me that they see something different in me, and that I really put my God first in everything I do. Folks, you too can!

Be encouraged, be blessed and feel loved! Till then, signing OFF.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen..encouraging post mun k =)

Anonymous said...

hehe!our Jesus beats albert einstein anytime! lol :P

Anonymous said...

Male pregnancy? That reminds me of that Arnold Schwarzenegger movie called Junior. Haha..

aehknum said...

anne: my post encouraged you?? your taggy/remark encourages me la!! The other way round! lol

aehknum said...

Genghis Khan: oh sexy you.. Arnold has such movie huh?? Din know.. never watched before.. now wanna find and download pun takde.. bila punya? sudah berapa abad?

Anonymous said...

wikipedia says 1994.. =P

aehknum said...

Genghis Khan: Haha!! Thanks to you, am surfing to wikipedia again. 1994 huh? We standard 2 only la that time... I still bodoh bodoh, what more movies?? male pregnancy s'more?! damn cekap eh you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mun K. I like ur blog! Nice to catch up with what ur up to. Inspires me to update mine more often :) Challenging to, time management has been an issue 4 me this summer to so gd 2 read ur thoughts

aehknum said...

Mel: Thanks!

princess jolyn said...

ur posts encourage me too mk..really blessed=) i know what it's like to hv ppl come n tell u that something's diff bout u..really brings all glory to God..keep shining for Him ya!=D