Thursday, February 8, 2007

pingpong

Today am off, don't need to go back to hospital for attachment. So I offered to fetch little sister, Mun Sheung to school for her co-curriculum. Mun Sheung joined pingpong club, earlier was because of me and then now she's enjoying it. I remembered the very first time she touched the pingpong table last year, her friends complemented on her playing and she proudly told everyone, "Of course la, my sister was the pingpong club president you know!"
*swt* how boastful that statement was when her sister, me, is just an average player.. now, the skills being oxidised, already karat, worse! But its a good sport, I would say. It looks easy, but its not, you should try.

There were too many people (like full attendance that sort) for each sports and since they are just primary kids, I was shocked seeing how they improvised the sports! Since there weren't enough tables.. The style of playing pingpong has been improvised to be like..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
tennis style

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
badminton style

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
squash style


Being an ex-pingpong club committee, its quite saddening to see those kids not properly taught on the right way of playing but treating the game like nothing. It was my passion to make sure this club is not a dead one, and it differs from any other clubs. God was so good to me that He always open opportunities so that I could make lotsa positive changes. When I led the club, I strongly felt that my members should at least benefit and enjoyed the beauty of this sport by midyear. Made sure every member could at least serve and return simple shots. I do give them "test" and the points they obtained from the test would be added to their co-curriculum slip as their "penglibatan" and "pencapaian" marks. This was done to show appreciation to those good and faithful members so that they wont get only a maximum of 53 marks.. (50 marks for full attendance, 3 marks for normal membership). If it wasnt of God, I'm seriously nothing and couldn't handle all these.


These kids, if properly taught and with further training, could even represent Malaysia in the future.
This reminds me of my pingpong kaki(s) back in MGS, pingpong players that represented Selangor and Malaysia.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Joelene (red) and Hie Phin (blue)

I really miss them wei! Joelene and Hie Phin are really good players, they took up pingpong since 4 years old and started training then, even before I learnt my ABCs. My club was blessed to have them and I enjoyed playing with them.. I started picking up this sport from scratch only in mid form 3? And never really played after MSSD in form 5. Now, tsk tsk.. not fit anymore.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
L - R: Mun Sheung and Jes Lin

After the games, took some pictures. Mun Sheung (my sis) with Jes Lin (Pn Peh's daughter). They are same age, used to be classmates last year. This year Mun Sheung joined 5 Utarid and Jes Lin is in 5 Zuhrah. Yes, they are both standard 5 kids, but look at their size differences. My size was similar to Mun Sheung's, when I was in standard 5, we had similar height and weight. Blame the genes eh. LOL

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mun Sheung and I

Be blessed, be encouraged and feel loved. Till then, signing OFF


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The " I'm V Good" in the last picture is above Mun Sheung's head, not yours. That must have meant something *wink wink*. Hehe

nylus said...

lol....pn peh's daughter...

aehknum said...

s-l: ahem! Its for me k! so obvious! since its MY car!! bluek bluek!!

nylus: yeap! Pn Peh's daughter nampak lebih fit huh?