Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Singapore '08



Some of you asked me how was my trip to Singapore.

Photobucket

It was good, I must say. I'm especially thankful for Joy. Thanks dear!!

We walked like the entire of Singapore? Okay, maybe just the southern part but boy, that's alot! We literally walked from 7am till 11pm, that's 16 hours! Maybe you can minus 3 hours for meals + rest + songs of the sea @ sentosa. That's still alot ehh.

And I guess from the way we took pictures, everyone would know that we're not local. I mean, which crazy local would take not-so-fascinating-pictures with weird poses like this photographer?

Photobucket

Somemore during busy busy day time! I think they're kind enough to not give us weird stares.
And did I say we walked alot? Haha I think I did.


(those red lines were our journey, looks quite near from here)

As we journeyed (with pictures taking all), we walked passed a few towns from Chinatown until a MRT station just two stops from Raffles Place. Our walking journey continued in Raffles' Place. From Lau Pa Sat right till the Singapore River until Esplanade in City Hall and all the buildings around. We finally stopped for a drink at Marina Square before we walked on. My legs almost gave up on me, boohoo!


Photobucket
The Singapore River


The sun in Singapore was so fierce and I suspect Singapore has a different sun from Malaysia. It's really hot in Malaysia too but at least I don't sweat the minute I stand outside my house.


Photobucket
@ Marina Square

We then adjourned to visit the Fountain of Wealth in Suntec City and walked around before we met Lingling up at Vivo City. And the walk from Suntec to its nearest MRT (City Hall) was superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr far away! Ain't kidding!

We spent the night in Sentosa watching the award winning "Songs of the Seas" which was good and then Bugis street (a bigger version of our Petaling street). Now you tell me, wasn't that alot? Haha. Maybe not for a Singaporean's standard la.

To be truthful, I've never walked this much all my life! And Joy wasn't impressed at all when I told her all these. She said those places were very near =(

But at least her aunt, Lingling, Eunice and Liangyi were impressed.

Come, let me convince you: It was really really far!! (For a Malaysian's standard la, don't la go compare with those Singaporeans like Joy who walks so much)


Photobucket
I Fen. MK. Su Ann -- high school good friends

I think its the companionship that makes everything worth while.

P/s: I think we took almost 200 pictures just that day. Will upload them in my facebook once I've done compiling them okay. That will mark my first album in facebook. So sad right? Haha.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

lolz mun k.. looks like fun neh.. haha

and diff ppl have diff definition of how far or near things are.. lolz lik walkin two hours from one place to another is classified as walking distance by kl ppl...
but by kch standards, it is *faints*

-_-"
lolz

aehknum said...

Eh I thought KL ppl hardly walk and that's why we'll complain? 'Cause we usually drive only. Angela has better stamina in walking than me lehh! =)

Anonymous said...

lolz.. if u have a car, y bother walkin?? hehe

but if u are like me, someone who has to rely on taxi and buses and lrt and monorail, then yeah... *chokes* it requires a lot of walking.. haha

aehknum said...

True also, the blessings of car =) But fuel very expensive now laaaa =/

My mom's limiting my usage now. She doesn't pump the 'extra'... so if i wanna use, I have to pump it myself. 'Cause she thinks that I loves fetching everyone from all ends. To bless or not to bless, I dont know.

Anonymous said...

lolz, an answer to ur dilemma:

honour ur mother and ur father.. hehe

but yeah if only i can get a car here, but fuel needs alot of kachiiiiiinnnnnngggg, and wad i'm receiving per month is barely enough.. not even enough actually.. hehe

Su Ann said...

u know..after walking entire day in Singapore, I actually felt like I lost weight! Water weight, it is!!! Lol. if only..

yeah, gotta thank Joy again for her kindness! her family too.

do you agree that we should holiday in somewhere cold next time (if we plan to walk all day?)

aehknum said...

Haha! So cold placers would make us put on? I'm fat already laaa.. we should go bangkok and shop! =)

Su Ann said...

if go bangkok, then pls remind me to bring a big bag of tissue papers! lol