Thursday, August 21, 2008

Photon packets.



Last night Wei Liang, Li-lian and I went and watched this fireworks competition again at Putrajaya. The fireworks displayed were very good and basically its an international competition between several countries. This event is also known as Malaysia International Fireworks Competition 2008.

They are really beautiful! Okay, since I don't know how else I should describe them, I think I'll let the pictures do the talking okay?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These are just a quarter of what I took last night. Beautiful right?

I was so amazed by how they choreographed those different packs of photons and how they're being excited to different levels emitting those different colours!

Beautiful beautiful. Of course my photography isn't good enough la, you should watch it yourself.

These are by the Canada team. You still can catch Spain's on August 24th and the grand finale on the August 29th. For more information, you can check it out here.

Enjoy! =)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohlala. nice to see fireworks other than those for New Year's or Merdeka Day. =))) i like the last rainy one the most. =DDDDD

aehknum said...

Yeah mann.. nice ones! And I love those rainy ones tooooooo!! Really beautiful!

Contradicting, I don't watch those Merdeka or New Year ones. LOL.

Anonymous said...

i always love fireworks..! but am too slow to capture any.. hehehe

aehknum said...

Slow? How slow can you go? Btw, slow shuttles are better for these sort of shots you know! =)

Eh leechie... I miss you laa!

Ern said...

eh.. i'm just curious.. how in the world did you get such nice fireworks pictures? The last time I tried, I did so terribly. What camera were you using and were you using tripod or something to hold the camera steady? If you took it with auto function, you gotta tell me where to get one of those! LOL!

aehknum said...

Hey Isaac!

I took these pictures using my really old digicam. Normal digicam! It's the same digicam you see me using in camps after camps (Olympus MJU 300 Digital).

They don't even have the 'fireworks' mode. But I understand that the newer Olympus digicam has that feature. I tried with my friend's camera before. As for these pictures, I took them using night mode. I didn't use tripod or whatsoever. I just rested my arms on my thighs and took them.

One thing good bout Olympus cameras for all these is the slow shutter. So usually I'll just press and hold when the fireworks were about to release and let go when the thing almost "mekah". That's the trick la =) Happy trying!