Friday, August 8, 2008

08.08.08



I have nothing to journal on actually, but since its 08.08.08, I insist in writing something =)

So, let's go random okay!

***

Today, 08.08.08, other than marking the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympic game (big day for them), its also our dear Iri's first time to Taman Rakyat too.

She walked/jogged a little there. Not bad for a start, 3 km of walk and panting her way after 100 meters of jog. But its still not bad, seriously. I could be worse for my first time! Babe, maybe you should come with us?

And Iri's a funny girl. She actually asked me what to wear to jog. Initially, she insisted on slippers! And then, she thinks everyone jogs with jeans!

That's the funniest statement la. Slippers and jeans, I still can't believe it. Joker with flair? LOL.


***


Went for badminton with xuewen today again. Damn potong when the court that we usually play in has function and another court didn't allow us to play. But thank God for another place. Met a veteran badminton player there. We actually played double with them! It was my first time for double and of course I'm bad at it, I bet you can tell!

Nevertheless, it was a good time playing and its actually quite fun to play doubles la. And I love that place now. I'll be going there from now on. No more the old place, with the "old pervert" (Lee, 2008)!


***

I have been trying to complete all my lab reports earlier but they seem endless!! *Roarrr*


***


My deferred exam for Psychology will be on, this coming Monday. I can't remember a thing, and I just can't find enough time to revise it. I've only completed one chapter so far. Five more to go, how??


***

Next week's spontaneous plan to Singapore is still on. But no accommodation yet. Problems came up with some of my friends and the 'supposingly can stay in' plan got turned down. Talking about disappointments but yeap, I totally understand la. So, it's okay! =)

Hostel there doesn't seem safe and hotel would be too expensive for us. I've calculated, with the amount of money I have now (I don't want to ask from dad or mom), I'll have less than SGD 50 left for all my food and moving around Singapore (mrt/buses).

We haven't booked any accommodation yet. We've discussed and we'll just go check out upon arrival only. Hopefully those places are not packed and left us with no choice but to bunk in Changi Airport for the night? I hope not. So yeap, I believe You will provide.

P/s: Anyone knows anyone in Singapore that has an extra room for rent? I'm sure they're way safer than backpackers hostel.


***

I haven't prepare my message for tomorrow yet, but I already have the rough idea la.

Dear Lord Jesus, I humble myself before you. Use me as You will, and speak through me. We yearn to hear from You again. Fill us anew, we pray and I thank You for Your complete work on the cross. I thank You, and I love You. In Jesus' name, amen.



4 comments:

guchi guchi said...

there's this place at bugis, cozy inn i think. But its a backpackers place. Not bad.

aehknum said...

Ahh? Really?? Might check it out la. My friends don't really trust backpacker's place actually but then we'll see if we can get the private room there or something.

Thanks Oguchi!!! =)

Anonymous said...

A backpacker's hostel is not dangerous at all to be honest. Cheap, convenient and a good place to meet new friends. Did not have any bad experiences while staying in backpackers for 2 months.

aehknum said...

Hey FC! Haha, thanks for the info =) Am back already btw. We went to search around for some backpackers place (got their rates and addresses from websites) but then when we reached there, it was either too expensive (differs from those of websites) or fully booked. We ended up bunking in at my friend's place. We're all very thankful!