Thursday, April 5, 2007

Temptations - can you resist them?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Kenneth called me last Tuesday and his words tempted me just right, all he said was, "wanna go fried chicken tonite?" and you know la.. my taste receptor and my higher centre namely the brain started responding, couldn't resist it much as I missed so many times with the rest of the fried chicken kaki (college fellowship of Harvest Youth). So, there Li Anne, Mun Wah, Kenneth and myself went..

Be honest, how many of you do give in to temptations frequently? I fall for many quite easily, last time, now fewer dy but still have. Temptations are not necessary food, it could be friend's invitation for something, or something that you like. Temptations are always sweeter and juicier and definitely very attractive. If not, it'll fail to tempt you la! But in those times where we fall into the trap of temptations, things would change and things will never be the same again. We prolly lose something precious to us, many would put the blame to God. They'll say, "God tempt me, and that's why I'm like this now"

Well, God doesn't tempt people, He only give trials but He allows the devil to tempt us. I was just sharing with Xuewen and Amelia the other day on how blessed Job is (in the book of Job).. and how the devil told God that earthly people like us, only praise God and lift His Name up high because we're blessed. And with this, the devil held a bet with God, putting his hand on Job, ruining Job's life, testing if Job will still praise God with all the loss. Job didn't know all these, and if we were him, I guess most of us would have backslided by then. However, Job of course didn't understand all these.. and after the long 37 chapters in the book of Job, Job decided to surrender everything to God because afterall, everything that he has belongs to God. He still choose to praise and bless His name. Finally, devil lose the bet and God restored everything in multiple fold to Job. I, myself have personally experienced all these blessings and lost everything at the same time (prolly the devil was betting with Jesus again) and Mun Khea was miserable and after a long period, she finally chose to surrender everything back to God and she was also restored everything in multiple folds! Praise be unto God!

Besides this, even Jesus was tempted by the devil itself before He started His ministry on earth in the wilderness (Luke 4). But did Jesus give in? No!

So should we! I plan to fast this week, and I'll try my best not to give in to any temptations. Anyone with me? Anyway, do pray for me. =)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The yummy fried chicken - my piece!



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Does this pose tempt you??

Temptation, flee from us I command thee! =)
Be encouraged, be blessed and feel loved. Till then, signing OFF


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love KJFC too... klang jaya fried chicken!!!

Anonymous said...

omg..chicken..i'm tempted d....feeling hungry now and today is fri...hmm

Anonymous said...

u make me feel so hungry!

aehknum said...

sheilayong:
haha, I love it too. Brought lotsa Monash students down for this dy, din promote bah kut teh etc, but just fried chicken. LOL! And those guys will travel all the way from Taman Tun, Damansara, Subang etc just for KJFC! hahahah. chun eh? They should pay me commission lerr.. haha.


Sue:
haha! gotcha! please dun tell me you really went.. must tempt your sis in this la. LOL. Faster ask her to read, bet she's gonna miss this so much!


Ywen:
hey gal, haha! Next outing, we dun go hbh k? I bring you for this fried chicken. Want? Or I just bring you alone la. Want??? I chia you this time. Hehe..

Anonymous said...

TERUK la u mk!!I log into ur blog and i see the first picture tht make my stomach growl!!!And i know i won't get to eat it!!U r horrible!!Sob sob. U owe me one chicken wing when i get back. Hehe.

aehknum said...

S-L:

haha!!! GOTCHA!! sue-li, you gotta learn something la, that is to resist temptation. Haha!! Yeap, u can always practise it by visiting this entry many times till you're not tempted anymore. Once you can resist it, you can come back to Malaysia. LOL.

And prolly when I call you and say,
"Hey Sue-li, let's go for fried chicken tonite"

then you can say,
"hhmmm.. let me think bout it and get back to you".

ROFL. I'm doing this for your good la.. so am not horrible! Haha!!

lamerzoid said...

job is one of my fave bible heroes. i admire how he stil chose to praise God despite his sufferings. nice post =)