Sunday, April 15, 2007

Strumming My Guitar -- Nothing Brings Me Closer To Heaven


...Strumming my guitar..
nothing brings me
closerto heaven...

Imissed those moments worship leading on the stage with my acoustic guitar in my hands, giving my all to God in worship and its true.. Strumming my guitar - nothing brings me closer to heaven. When the College Fellowship was suggested to meet in houses, like a cell, I don't mind but I know I'll surely miss the worship with the full band and stuff.

Boy, I was wrong. We do NOT need a full band to worship God, what more on stage? Last Saturday was our first meeting in Ronnie's place. We didn't prepare as to, no worship leader and stuff. Ronnie brought down the guitar from his room and he asked, "What song ah?". ROFL. He then said, "We sing Glory okay, you all know the lyrics rite? *looking at Unc Raymond*"

As Ronnie strums the acoustic guitar, the rest stood up to sing except for me, I remained sitted and something urged me to pray. And then I stood and as I sung the first line of "Glory", to praise Him and to welcome Him, He indeed came!! His presence was so strong that I broke down on the spot and I wept. Yes, Mun Khea wept. Imagine, it was a moderately fast song and everyone was happily praising Him and I was... Nevermind, to cut the story short, the meeting, the worship and His presence was AWESOME. Eventhough it was just the few of us with only ONE guitar, its marvellous. It was refreshing.

I'm looking forward to the meeting every Saturday. He has a great plan for us, the true destiny and His presence is not limited only in church, He's everywhere. I worshipped Him only with my guitar at home, alone, and I always feel His presence really strong and I'm seen so small there, just lying down at his bosom (like how Mayvern puts it). Therefore, be encouraged and be blessed knowing that Jesus is always with you, He's the same yesterday, today and forevermore. Amen.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 comments: