Friday, April 20, 2007

Caffeine + Theobromine -> Chocolate

I came across an interesting fact when I flipped through my Instrumental Analysis' (one of my subjects) textbook last year. And this is what it says..



Chocolates have been the "SAVIOUR" of many a student on the long night before a major assignment was due. My favourite chocolate bar, jammed with 33% fat and 47% sugar, propels me over mountains in California's Sierra Nevada. In addition to its high energy content, chocolate packs an extra punch with stimulant caffeine and its biochemical precursor, theobromine.

(taken from Daniel Harris, 6th Edition of Quantitative Chemical Analysis)


Still working on my assignments and burning midnight oil every nite. So, I took the advise properly, and munching on chocolates and enjoyed myself with 1/2 can of Coca-Cola so that their caffeine content will be in good use =). Why not coffee, you may ask. Reason - My body has already immuned to it, so no effects.. equilibrium. LOL.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Folks, help yourself with some chocolates and Coke when you need to burn midnight oil. Feel free to.. and delete the mindset of it being "fattening" before I give you a long lecture on where your chocolates will be and how much of it will be converted to fats okay. =) So far so good. Be blessed with this take home message!

Note for Amelia: Chocolates are NOT enemies, they could be your friend =)

Till then, signing OFF.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

choc + coke to burn midnite oil? wow.

aehknum said...

anne, YES, indeed!!

Seriously! =) It was from the textbook. Hehe. Primary source wei.. LOL. Try it yourself! =)

Anonymous said...

chocs/? hohoho.. got apa-apa side effects not? like getting too semangat till cant sleep?? =D

aehknum said...

mayc, too semangat til cant sleep?? Haha! Err.. wont till that extreme la, but I dare not guarantee as different individual differs from one another.

But personally, I myself will not be too "high" la. LOL

Anne said...

i shud have tried this method during SAM la.now too late d =p

princess jolyn said...

thanks for the tip..tomoro's my finals man..time to burn midnight oil..hehe..must check my house got chocs or not =P

aehknum said...

li anne:

haha!! Din ask! I found this thingy LAST year lehh!! Now that I'm reminded again since have been burning midnight oil every nite.. grins. somemore, stil got choc + coke since cny..

princess jolyn:

yeap!! Good for you, hope it helps. All the best for your finals tmr!! In this case, I shall find out more tips.. haha! =)

Anonymous said...

How come i feel SLEEPY after eating chocs one? Tak jadi la. And, one more suggestion to eat chocs and enjoy it to the max: PUT THEM IN THE FRIDGE B$ EATING ;P

aehknum said...

Sue-li oh dear sue-li, maybe you're immuned to the choc dy lorr.. and this goes to show that you SHOULD CUT DOWN the amount of choc that you've been eating since it doesnt help you =P

Btw, those easter chocs masih ada?

Just like milo also have high content of caffeine and theobromine rite? LOL. Can try other stuff lorr.. hehe.

The Talking Sheep said...

i luv luv luv chocolates!!! they make me feel better when i'm in any state of emotion.. haha

aehknum said...

sheep, yeap, chocolates are good in some way! haha, BUT do not simply quote me everywhere okay and say must eat chocolate.. overeating could cause you to be heaty also.. =)