Friday, July 4, 2008

What In The World!



On my way home after dropping Amelia off just now, Juvee and I witnessed an entire accident (Juvee was busy telling me story that she didn't notice it). Everything happened so fast and everything was so vague.


Basically its something like the above figure. After dropping Amy home, I wanted to take the right turn into Jalan Mengkuang but the traffic light turned red. So I stopped there la (I'm the green X).

The motorcycle (pink) didn't stop (as usual) at the junction and went straight on. It was green light for cars of opposite direction and so happened this car (blue) wanted to make a U-turn (prolly on the way to Esso mamak?)

When the car (blue) was making his u-turn, the motorbike came too swiftly and they had a head-on collision with a very loud bang. The motorbike broke into pieces and flew all over in front of House 1 while the motorbiker was thrown onto the ground and lied at pink X, unconscious and still.

The car (blue) hit and ran, everything happened too quickly (and it was very dark) that I could neither jot down the number plate of the car nor remember what's the car model etc.

I was very shocked and asked Juvee if she saw that. She told me it was green light for us already and at the same time I was trying to show her the casualty that's lying down on the road. Everyone from 'another mamak' came out to help. I took the right turn into Jalan Mengkuang and pulled by the road and told Juvee everything. I wonder if we should turn back to look see how we can help that helpless motorbiker. We then u-turned to the accident place but there was already a huge crowd there, blocking the entire road. I wonder if that motorbiker got killed or not.

At that moment, I whispered a prayer in my heart hoping that the casualty will be fine and alive, also that the hit-and-run driver will take responsibility. We're talking bout lives here weyy! No wonder Yikwooi thinks that life is short (and fragile) and we should make full use of it (and treasure it).

I called Amelia and related the entire thingy to her. We were rather angry at the irresponsible driver and took pity for the motorbiker. But to think bout it again, the motorbiker was also at wrong since it was red light and so he should stop. If he thinks that its fine to go straight, then at least slow down at junctions la! That car was so innocent, he just wanted to make his normal U-turn and suddenly knock into an incoming motorbike -- but at least he should stop and help laa.. and not run away! Ish!

There's nothing that I can conclude here actually. I'm just ranting and not siding anyone. But it was rather horrifying to witness the entire thing all by myself -- no other cars were around.

Latest update:

According to Amy (Hwei Ping told her), the casualty (motorbiker) is a female, she didn't die but serious injury She's in hospital now and hopefully the ER officers can save her. This would be a very heavy lesson for her, that she should obey the traffic. And God was there la because apparently, the car's bumper and number plate dropped off. So, I supposed it's not difficult to track that guy down? =)


EDIT:

Btw,

HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY, EEVON!


Photobucket


Do enjoy your big day! =)

4 comments:

kienz said...

life always seems extra fragile when you see it flyin by like that, hehe =) Hope everything goes well then, and that you're not traumatized (judging that you could write bout it, you're fine) hehe =D

aehknum said...

Yeap, I'm fine already by the time I came back and write this entry. Was slightly traumatized when I first saw it (when I called Amelia).

I want more holiday la! It doesnt seem to be enough =(

Anonymous said...

Nice drawing though. Lol~ And thanks for the birthday post. *shy*

aehknum said...

*shy* Actually, I'm quite proud of the drawing too, considering that I cant draw. Hehe.

And my pleasure for the birthday entry. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ONCE AGAIN!! =)