Saturday, July 12, 2008

Random updates!



This week's my last week of holiday before my semester resumes again. So I have to enjoy it all the more la right?


I love holidays! Well, who doesn't?

Results came out yesterday. I was (still am) on cloud nine! I was focusing so much on my own faith and when I did my devotion the night before the released of results, He reminded me that I should be focusing more on Jesus -- His complete work on the cross and not my own level of faith. This reminder came in so timely. So obvious that He was speaking to me.

That's also when Amy's text message came in, very timely, thanks dear! And Thank You!


---

I'm black

Went for jogging sessions with xuewen just few days back. And just yesterday evening, she suddenly noticed my ultra-charcoaled calves when I was ahead of her.

Yes, I'm black.

Photobucket
It's not very obvious in this picture.

My legs used to be very fair and people usually make fun of it. For those of you who have seen me in shorts before, I bet you'd say that my legs were never mine (compared to the skin colour of my arms and face). I was told that no blood was flowing in my lower limbs, and some would ask me to sunbathe my lower limbs more.

Well, their wish came true =)

Update: Quite done with the shedding of skin on both my shoulders and arm already. Now, its my lower part of my legs' turn! Ugh. Spare me from the agony man! And the scars of the jelly fish sting is redish and itchy. Slightly swolen.


Photobucket
lower legs

Honestly, when peeling off the skins right, I felt as if I was laminated with a plastic coat. You know, those thin plastic wraps that you use for covering your food? My skin's like that =/


Photobucket
plastic decoating process

Nasty looking eh?



---

10th Anniversary ISCF Rally

I can remember myself being the happiest person maybe the second happiest person (after Sabrina) three years back when Jo-anne gave her life to Jesus during the ISCF rally. I can even remember the date -- 2nd July 2005. Tears of joy streamed down my cheeks while hugging her.


Just last year, it was Vivien's turn. She gave her life to Christ, also in an ISCF rally! Both Vy and myself and the rest have been praying for her and with her. I remember a big troop of us joined her and supported when the counselor shared with her. We all said the sinner's prayer together with her!


Now, I'm very excited because tomorrow later will be the 10th anniversary ISCF rally!! It's gonna be different. No more in Hin Hua school halls, no more the normal stuffs. And I believe, God's presence and aura will be so strong that everyone who drives by (or around) that area will be led into the stadium. Mark my words!


Theme: Legacy
Time: 6pm
Venue: Pandamaran Sports Complex, Klang
Date: 12th July 2008 (tomorrow later!!!)

I'm very excited bout it actually.

I wanna see lives saved, lives changed, lives transformed! So, be there! You won't wanna miss a thing! (Those who needs direction there, do buzz me!)

Jesus, I know your work is complete and tomorrow's rally is all about you!

----

MK, the female pilot (in her dreams)

I'm chatting with Colin right now and he's all excited for his aviation course starting next month. He said he went to check out the place last Monday and he saw a female pilot with two stripes on her shoulder.

C o l i n says (1:27 AM):
imagine you wearing wei.. sure look very smart

C o l i n says (1:28 AM):
with necktie

C o l i n says (1:28 AM):
gaya

I can imagine too! Haha, just kidding! Whoa. I'm so flattered. I always find pilots damn gaya. What more female pilots. WOW! This reminds me so much of my all time favourite TVB drama, Triumph In The Skies. So. the. gaya!!!


But seriously, I've thought of it before, you know. But then again, I'm already done with degree in Biotechnology. And I'm almost done with my degree in Medical BioScience. So, the third degree in aviation?

Stop dreaming la, MK! Wake up!!


---

I think I wanna watch House now (the nocturnal creation's talking). So, I'll see you all there at the stadium tomorrow okay!

Pat kin pat san! (Direct translation from Canto: No meet, no depart)

4 comments:

kienz said...

urgh, your skin.. >_< Mine's only flaking like bits of dandruff, man you look like you're peeling wax off yourself, waxy lady (no, it isn't sexy, hehe)

aehknum said...

Not sexy? Really not? Haha! Just messing =)

I finally went to see a doctor for the jelly fish thingy because of its itchiness. Doctor said that its bad and it's already an allergy reaction now. I supposed I'm having what you call localised red hives on my right upper arm now. Given both oral and topical medication to see how it'll help and I'm supposed to get back to him in 5 days time =/

kienz said...

yai yai yai, sounds nasty man, may you have a speedy recovery. And get over this ecdysis quickly already, you plastic-skinned reptile.

aehknum said...

Yes, its that bad =(


Ain't a plastic-skinned reptile okay. I just don't know why I'm laminated with plastic coatings =(