Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Batu Caves, Gombak.



If you've been following my blog entries, or if you're my friend, you'll probably know by now that I'm working as a Medical Rep.

So today I was in Gombak, met a few doctors before I break for lunch. And then after lunch, I drove my car to this road and I've no idea why I stopped at the junction there for so long and it took me a while to realise the smoke coming out from the adjacent car


Photobucket


I drove away just in case it explodes while debating if I should call the bomba. I parked my car at a corner and walked back towards that smoky car while the crowd builds up and the bomba's siren alarmed making its own grand entrance towards the car.


Photobucket

Everyone was keeping a distance just in case it explodes while the kepoh mk went nearer to take pictures of firefighters at work. Fuyoh!

Photobucket

I don't know what happened and Minghui said it could be a stolen car. The car was not locked and there's a hole on the top middle of the bonnet. And thats the part that's 'burning'. Actually its more like its corroded by acid, really.

Anyway, my point here is that I witnessed a live incident once again! (haha, though its not something that one should be happy about but at least I've seen it before)

---

Went around Sri Gombak to meet doctors and in the end of the day, what's going to Batu Caves and not climb their ever-so-famous long steps right?

Photobucket

So yes, I went.

There were alot of pigeons on the floor and these pigeons are not human-phobia!

Photobucket

They're not like our usual pigeons who will fly off whenever human come near them. Note how close I was to them in order to take this shot.

Photobucket

Or rather, they all flock together and attack if you happen to hold food. Having them flying pass my face/head at the sight of food somehow reminds me of Sueli's Mudpie (sp?) story. They're quite aggresive!

Photobucket

Saw the red tiny stairs on the left hand side? Yeah, that's the super long flight of stairs that everyone has been talking about!

This is how it looks like when you go near them, the starting point of the mission to complete this flight of stairs.

Photobucket

On the way up you'll say hello to your monkey friends that will greet you.

Firstly, please meet Huge-Balls-Monkey.

Photobucket

Then, meet his bini (wife) and his family.

Photobucket

And I'd say that this is a close monkey community. They even watch over each other's back!

Photobucket

Yeah, that includes catching kutu (lices).

You can always camwhore on the way up also, just in case people don't believe you that you really went up.

Photobucket

1.. 2.. 3.. 4......................... 271.. 272.......... 273...

Photobucket

I made it up! 273 steps actually not really alot la. I don't get it why everyone think that its so hard to finish these steps. A not-so-fit people like me took only 10 minutes to get up there. I bet you can do better!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And the view from the top:



Actually the descending part's scarier than the ascending part. I tend to be so cautious bout "what if I miss a step and I roll down the whole thing like a Humpty Dumpy?"

Photobucket

Anyway, I made it down and I spent whole load of 1/2 an hour for the whole thing which includes taking lotsa photos.

Photobucket

Now I feel slight fatigue. Thanks to the short jog and then badminton yesterday. It's a real good experience I would say. I may need some Glucosamine now. LOL.





12 comments:

iVan Chong said...

LOL @ big balls monkey!!

Anonymous said...

ABANG !
eh,what i wanted to say is,the last u met me was 10,and few days was 10,lol.
such a coincidence = =
that's all !

aehknum said...

Ivan ah, I can see that you're only excited at that thing eh. Teruk beruk!

no need to know who am i, I KNOW WHO ARE YOU! HAHA!

You know ah, your sentence very confusing la but now I understood edi la, after your personal explanation :P

Anonymous said...

lol,summarise already,so u dunno wat i mean.

Anonymous said...

Oh yesh i know wat u mean about missing a step and then rolling all the way down. I have a fear of heights and i always have that thought when im going down a long flight of stairs. So i'd have to walk slowly, holding the railing hehe.

aehknum said...

you're not a stalker? haha, you sure boh? LOL. You are la! But I can't remember who you're stalking edi. I don't know what you mean coz you summarized edi? Yeah, really don't know. Omgosh I'm going lunch with HER in a while! Omgosh omgosh!


Haha Gwen, I tried holding the railing all the way down but the monkeys were there!! :( So I had to move back to the middle of the stairs just in case they attack me :( How's your jobhunt process? Gotten one edi?

Anonymous said...

Erm actually i havent really started looking...been having alot of personal issues to deal with lately...shit happened, long story...but things are in control now so i should be getting serious with jobhunting soon...hopefully. =)

aehknum said...

good to hear that things are all in control now. dont need to hurry la, just chillax abit first before you jump into this working world. im serious! you'll understand what i say when you start working next time!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

aehknum said...

aww you're most welcome. your comment encouraged me (:

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I contemplate the post should prepare more info then it has.