Saturday, February 21, 2009

I'm So Sorry, Auntie Kamariah!



Just a brief intro, my left-handside neighbour are Malays while my right-handside neighbour are angmohs. My Malay neighbour loves hosting jamuan and I always see tents pitched up at their house compound.

Just two days back, I saw the tents again. Mom told me this time its not a jamuan but my neighbour's wife passed away in an accident. The accident took place at 4am in the morning. Being a Muslim, one needs to be buried before the sun sets. Its something unexpected and just imagine, my neighbour losts his wife and the kids lost their mom just overnight. Yesterday you see her, today you don't. At least if diseases, we can tell how long one still have and we can make the best out of the remaining time but accidents, no. It's so sad, isn't it?

That day in steamboat I was just telling Juvee that the worst part was that my neighbour hasn't known Jesus yet! The bible tells us that Jesus is THE ONLY way, truth and life!

Just imagine this scenario.... "on the way to hell"

Neighbour: Hey, where are you taking me to? I thought I'm going to heaven?

Angel: I'm sorry but your name is not listed in the Book of Life.

Neighbour: Book of Life? What's that? I thought Islam said that we can get to heaven?

Angel: I'm so sorry to tell you but Jesus is the only way to heaven. So, you can't come in.

Neighbour: But but, no one tells me bout Jesus! Even my neighbour didn't tell me and they call themselves Christians! And I invite them over for rendang during Raya. Pfft! Can you please give me one more chance so that I can tell my family about the Book of Life and Jesus?

Angel: Well, I afraid you can't. Let's hope and keep our fingers crossed that your neighbour will do their part...



O.O omg now I feel so bad. Sometimes its not that they don't want to know bout Jesus, but they don't have the chance to know Him since nobody shares with them. It's so sad.

I'm so sorry, Auntie Kamariah! :(




7 comments:

Orcagal said...

oh..we should all start sharing about Christ with others. so true.

kienz said...

I'm hoping you have very little Muslim readers or you may get yourself in some trouble with this post >_< Condolences

aehknum said...

Hey Kim, this whole scenario thingy came in very spontaneously and it may not be 100% true but it was sort of an awakening call for myself la. It maybe a very sensitive issue that many tried to not touch it but I guess as sensitive as it in, the truth reigns even more. What if I really didn't share?! :(

Kienz, thanks for highlighting that. To date, I don't have any Muslim readers but they might reach this entry if they happen to google bout matters such as this. Anyway, yeah its a really sensitive matter that I'm blogging here. Thought of it before (the sensitive part) but I supposed some of my readers ought to know this truth. I really hope this wont offend anyone as they can always stick to their own beliefs :) Its more of a reminder or maybe revelation to some others.

kienz said...

I suppose so, good to know you stick up for yourself when necessary. I'm obviously not offended (I may look malay, but I'm not) haha =)

aehknum said...

talking bout you looking like a Malay, I still can remember so clearly when I was so shocked that you're a Chinese! Still couldn't register your full name with your face.. lagi shocked when you approached me in Cantonese that day! omgoshhh!

babysue said...

yeah, was thinking too, can meh? my aunt (convert) said that there are a lot of malays attending church in KL, but dun wanna comment la =)

aehknum said...

If you're talking in terms of legal, cannot la. That's so that they can protect their 'religion' and no converts. I'm really not interested bout religions here, I'm more concerned about the relationship that we can all have with Jesus, the salvation, if you get what I mean?

And yeah, its true that more Muslims who wants to really know bout God actually curi-curi attend church here already. Not my church though but alot in KL I heard. But its still a sensitive issue la. I hope this entry didn't offend you or your bf in any way. I'm sorry if I did.