Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mom Owns Today!



As usual the youth church and children church would come out with something for occasions like Mother's day and whatnot.

This time, the youth presented the song "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban accompanied by three violinists and a pianist. After the second transposition, we paused. Every kid read out their messages for their mom (with piano playing as background music).

This is Mun Sheung's (please don't mind her broken English, paiseh only)

Mummy, I like your hugs. It's soft like cotton and warm as a love angel flying everywhere.
Your advice and scold is meaningful to me.
You still love me whenever I am lazy or bad.
I am very upset when your age is increasing and you will leave me.
Seriously, I can't live without you.
You light up my life, you make me born into this world.
You cook my favourite dishes, you take care of me when I am scared.
But I only just did a little thing and bring problem to you.
I really hope you don't hate me.
I am very touched of your love.
And I LOVE YOU!!

-originally written by Chee Mun Sheung, '08-


Then the choir continued another round of chorus and ended the song. No doubt tears welled up in most mothers' eye (and non-mothers too). Mom, I bet you're proud of us! =)


---

Yesterday Xuewen asked what I got for mom.

We got her this:

Photobucket

Yeap, a plant. Nothing significant right?

Not really.. a closer look for you.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was just a seed when we bought this. We planted it, watered it and grew it.

We cannot afford diamond and gold for you, mom but I bet this is one of the greatest gifts you ever had. It's the thought (along with heart) that counts right? =)

Just because,

Photobucket

WE LOVE YOU, MOM

&

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!



now don't say we don't sayang you ah! =P



6 comments:

guchi guchi said...

Wow thats so nice, all i gave my mom was a phone call.

aehknum said...

Hi Oguchi!! You're even sweeter! Long distance call from Malaysia back to Nigeria. I bet she's touched with your thoughtfulness! =)

Ern said...

Eh, the plant is so unique! Did you carve the words before you planted it or what?

by the way...the picture of the three of you look like they have been severed from the body. Haha..

Three cheers to our great mums. =)

aehknum said...

Oh we didn't carve it ourselves. We bought the seeds (already carved) and just plant it.

We got it from Pyramid =)

Our heads looked as if they were severed from our body right? That's what I feel when I first see this picture too.

Rachel Phuah said...

3 of you look sooo similar, the eyes and the smile, everything!

aehknum said...

whayying!!!!!!!!! lama takde dengar from you!

Similar? Hahah. Takde la. That day only I showed granny this pic and she said all three of us have DIFFERENT looks! =S

(If you look at the pic properly, Mun Wah has got everything bigger than us.. eyes.. nose.. mouth.. face)