Saturday, March 17, 2007

Out Of The Box

My semester has started, so it's a new beginning? The best resolution for me is not to get the best of grades. I'm not that brainy like what people think, looks and style of speeches can deceive, I tell you. So, my resolution for this semester is to not procrastinate so much, trust me, procrastination doesn't do you good!

Everything has changed, three restaurants (Orange, Pink & Corner) around Monash University have been shut down by the police for operating without licence. Mind you, there are only FOUR eating place in Sunway, so when THREE have been shut down, how many left? Simple maths, only ONE! argh. No food = could lose some weight? Is that part of God's plan?? LOL.

This semester I'm doing things out of the box, I myself couldn't believe it I did. For 2 years in Monash University, I could count the number of times I step into MUSA lounge (its a student lounge) with only one hand, don't even need the help of the other hand and my toes! Normally my gang dislike going there, and typical us if we want to be "included" in the gang, usually we follow what our friends say and where they go, we go. If they dislike going to certain place, of course you'll not go rite? It's normal.

But this year, I WENT TO MUSA LOUNGE! I killed some of my time in MUSA lounge when friends are not in uni or when I'm waiting alone for the following class. I learnt a little bit of pingpong there to brush my karat-ed self up! And guess what, I was asked by the Table Tennis Club president to join the Monash University Table Tennis Team to compete with other universities. ROFL, thats what I did when he asked me. He even threathen me to not teach me how to play table tennis if I say "no" to join the team. However, till now my decision is still pending and I've not said "yes" to him.

It's not so much because of the lack of time in my studies (eww.. I'm not a nerd!), but I really dare not commit in such a great responsibility since I'm not good in table tennis. If I could illustrate, my table tennis playing are like learning ABCs while other competitors from other uni are like those who are doing their degrees. How in the world could you compare an ABC learner to a university degree student?? I afraid Monash have to wear head-scarf (tudung) to cover the shame everyday after the match because of CHEE MUN KHEA. Hopefully they understand this, but will buck myself up just for leisure of learning? =)

I know God has His perfect plan for me in my life, and in this course that He has chosen for me. Eventhough it's tough, I believe He'll pull me through and all I could say is, "Thanks, Daddy God!" His plans are higher than our plans, His ways are higher than ours and His plans are here to prosper us, not to destroy us. Amen, amen and AMEN!

Be encouraged, be blessed and feel loved. Till then, signing OFF.

0 comments: