Friday, March 2, 2007

God-sent friend!


I was watching Life Made Simple just now on Wah Lai Toi, the only series that I watch now.. As I watched today's episode, it reminded me, a very similar scenario that happened between my very good friend and I at the end of 2005.

Ah Wong (Roger Kwok), a slight mentally retarded guy at age 30 having a mind of a 7 years old child. His best friend whom he called as his lou po zhai, Catherine (Jessica Hsuan) is the closest to him besides his mom. They have been playing very closely, taking care of each other, helping and be a great friend to each another. In everything Ah Wong do, he wants the best for his best friend, Catherine. Catherine felt that he's doing too much for her already and if it continues, one day when she needs to leave him to start her own family, it will definitely hurt him alot although they knew it so well that its just a close friendship, a true and "bestest" friend. Catherine, being cruel, decided to tell him properly and to an extent where she drew a barrier line between them two. It's all for Ah Wong's own good so that Ah Wong will not be too dependent on her and will not hurt so much when they have to really separate in future. Things seem cruel, of course Ah Wong didn't understand why and he was really sad. He even wept. The heavy feeling of losing a best friend, it hurts. Ouch. To make things worse, lou po zhai actually told him that she doesnt want to see him anymore.

I was very very close to this particular friend since end of 2004 and I felt that so far, she's the only one that I really share all my joy and sorrow with, a real and true friend that I could count on. Seriously. Things went on very well and we got closer and closer, encouraging one another in Christ etc, building each other up till a point where MR S.A.TAN started to whisper untrue words bout us and didn't want us to be close etc to some other people and that's when people started giving in to those untrue words, things fell. Gossips are always juicier and nicer than gospel and encouragement, I believe.

Well, my that poor friend received alot of "attacks" from adults where she still tried persevering what she believes to be true right up till a day, one fine day at the end of 2005, she actually mentioned that we shouldn't be close anymore and we should stop. Stop? What? I don't get it. It's too suddened. Everything was fine, must we do this? I was in such comfort zone and now you tell me that I lost the Comfort Club Membership and am kicked out??

I was all confused, just like Ah Wong, when everything was fine with his best friend, a true friendship and all in a sudden, Catherine said she doesnt want to see him anymore. Of course I was bitter, I never dislike or hate her at all, in fact I respected and love her even more. What a sister and friend she is to me, its not easy to find another, no replacement. I admit that I couldn't take that suddened change in my life.. just because of other people's words. I cried myself to bed almost every nite. Furthermore, I was facing lots of other untrue accusations at that time. She was the only one that I could pour things out to, and now, argh~ I was really down. It took me months to recover, to mend the wounded heart. I even prayed and asked Jesus, "Why??" This same prayer was uttered again and again. Right till God started speakin to me, he said "I will restore everything for you". Restoration?? When exactly? Right, all I need was patience.

As I was sharing with my e-mentoree the other day, Wen Lynn, I was just telling her that I thank God that He took her away from me at that time and that He didn't respond immediately to my cry of restoring the friendship back immediately. I believe Jesus always wants only the best for us. I realised that I relied too much on her, my good friend and didn't put God in the first place as much as I did before. I started "worshipping" her if I could put it this way. As in, I spent more time with her.

Friends, there are times when God just need to take away something from us, something that distract us from focusing on Him. There are times when things don't just work out the way we want it to be, but as time passes, we will realise how great is our God.. how things will fall into their rightful places.. how He wants to bless us with multiple folds and restore everything to us only IF we choose to surrender ourselves to Him once again.Just like Job, he LOST EVERYTHING just because devil wanted to test his obedience to God, Job did it! And he was restored everything in multiple fold. God is like the shepherd, and we are His sheeps that run astray sometimes. God may need to break our legs when circurstances don't allow and pull us back so that we will not be eaten by the roaring lions out there. I really thank God!!

Today, everything that I lost, all the untrue accusations bout me are restored without me having to say or do anything, or even try to explain to those respective people. I just need surrender my all to the Almighty, and my Daddy God will take care of everything else. I've moved on, I've grown and matured more in Him. The Christ in me, the hope of Glory.

Today, my good friend and I are in good talking terms. Beside that, I'm blessed with MORE close friends.. so many more! All I know, if God is for me, who can be against me? =)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
babe

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Fang Yi & Jo Anne


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Amelia

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Xue Wen


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Irene Aa, Joshua & Raymond Chang

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ai Vy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Vi Vien

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sabrina

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yew & Colin

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Yuan Ding

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Sue-Li

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jean Nee & Yan Yee

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
May Jean

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Angela

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lee Lian & Whui Qing

oopsie, left out the most important picture of my good good friends that stood with me all the way in MGS right till now, all three of us in three DIFFERENT countries but have one mind, one heart, one thought ---- Su Ann (USA), Mun (Malaysia), I Fen (England). Love you both to bits!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

See, I'm blessed with SO many friends. I'm thankful. These bunch of people are a blessing to me, really really appreciate their presence in my life. Folks, be sure that God is always on our side and all we need to do is to surrender ourselves to Him. He will take care of the rest. Be encouraged, be blessed and feel loved. Till then, signing OFF.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

the untrue words is that u are a lesbian? just guessing.... I thought if it's all over now it's okay for me to ask, hehe, but usually i'd prefer if those u can expound more on the 'untrue words'....real honesty is real readership

Anonymous said...

i see some pics that i already expected to see. HAHA. u get what i meant rite. hahaha.

and a really meaningful post.it's amazing to see how you can always talk bout other things and connect it with things tht we face everyday and leave us a message.

about tht post, i think everyone faced something like tht befoe also, including me. like wht i've told u before, i have a fren who used to be very close to me, but because of something, we've drifted apart. things have not been the same anymore.eventhough we still talk sometimes, but it's..definitely not the same anymore.

sometimes when i think back bout it, i wish i could just turn back time. it's been really tough for me, even now. but im still hanging on, with God's strength. (=

and i think i just wrote a short entry here, oops =p

aehknum said...

anonymous: Lol. Untrue words ah? lots la!! Not exactly bout les or anything. Alot more. And honestly, I dont really know what's it. That person didnt want to tell me, but she mentioned that its "untrue" things said tho' i asked her few times more. and I'm being very honest here now with you. But I'm glad with the change =) Thanking God.

aehknum said...

fangyi: thanks, your comment encouraged me ALOT.

Pictures? I know who you mean!! LOL.

It's really true and I'm still going through the thicks and thin, but all I know is that Jesus will always run the race with us.. Not ahead of us, not at the back of us, but by our side. All He does is to cheer us on, all the way to the finishing line.

And there are times when we fall, there He will pick us up and encourage us to move on. N

o pain no gain rite? I believe things will be greater ahead. I'm glad to have friends like you and the rest. Seriously. Thanks, bro!

Anonymous said...

wei!! dont put my copyrighted pics la.. paiseh wei.. =P

aehknum said...

babe: copyrighted?? since when?? LOL. not your only pic also. so many others.

Anonymous said...

great post and a very meaningful one! i see the pic we took too! lol!!

aehknum said...

Colin: Thanks, bro! Hope you're encouraged by it. Be blessed.

Anonymous said...

God is good indeed..may He continue to work in and through you in days to come! =)

Anonymous said...

A meaningful post n am so glad my pretty face is in there too. lol. jk. well, u've been a great blessing too! Thanks Chee Mun Khea!

aehknum said...

anne: thanks, anne. Yea, continue to pray that God will continue to use me in His way.. and MORE revelations!!

aivy: aduh, you're THE ONE who have been a blessing to me la!! haiyo!! without your friendship really, i dunno what will happen to me. maybe even till now, i still couldnt move on. you're one of those that inspires me alot in my walk. thanks. hugs.