Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm In Awe of You.



Was dining with Agnes just now at EuroDeli @ Damansara Kim. The food, the ambience -- I would think they deserve 8.5/10 (they deserve more, but definitely everything would need room for improvement)

We were talking bout camps and everything and suddenly Agnes said, "You'll make a very good doctor"

I personally think that I'd make a better teacher in relating science and medicine to people around me. I love sharing and I bet you can feel my passion and enthusiasm when it comes to talking Science.

Anyway, as I was sharing bout the satisfaction we get when our friends receive the knowledge and how they relate it in their life, applying it and see facts becoming alive (not just for the sake of memorizing).

You know, most scientists are atheists. They don't believe in God. They only believe in proofs, and believing the existence of God without seeing them would be a difficult thing for them and almost impossible.

To them, there must always be a law or theory behind every phenomenon, supporting them with proof but how do one explain bout the disappearance of cancer tumours in last stage patients?

How do one explain when the blind without a retina can see?
How do one explain when a deaf man without the three ear bones (no vibration) started hearing?
How do one explain when a lame man can walk?
How do one explain when the sick people got healed when hands were laid on them?
How do one explain when dead people, died for 3 days were raised and going around sharing the good news?

How do one explain all these? When natural power says cannot, supernatural power will take over. As easy as that, as long as we believe.

You know, the more I study bout human, the more I'm amazed by God? Imagine, it took the scientists good 10 years to identify and complete mapping the entire Human Genome when God carefully created them? How all these genes with the different codings actually give rise to different unique person with different phenotype and God created each person carefully and wonderfully and uniquely and at the end of the creation, He'd say, "This is beautiful"

The more I study bout which gene, or how the apostopsis (programmed cell death) between my fingers was done so that my hand can hold things. Just imagine all our fingers were stuck together as one hand and they were not separated, I cannot even type all these out on this keyboard by allowing my fingers to dance on the keyboard, what more stretching one finger from another on the guitar frets to produce music? If not for the apoptosis that God has already thought of at his creation process.

You know, the more I study how each chamber of the heart functions, how it controls (ECG etc) the speed and amount of the blood flow throughout our body, or the more I study bout nephron and how they only allow certain solutes to pass through the collecting ducts so that no unnecessary water loss happens, or when we study how the liver controls the whole body's metabolism... take into consideration how God carefully put all these together and at the end of the creation, all he said was "This is beautiful"

The more I study bout all these, the smaller I feel.
The more I study, the more I know bout Him
The more I study, the more I'm amazed by Him.
The more I study, the smaller I become.

I can only stand in awe of You, the maker of all things.




2 comments:

Gwencws said...

Guess what...this was what i was thinking too throughout those times when we were studying for exams. Cos i dont pay attn in class, thats the time when thgs get into my head and i'd go like...whoaaa! Haha

Btw, where is Damansara Kim? Never heard of it nor have i heard of EuroDeli.

Will text/call u one of these days to arrange outing. Everyone's free and not free at diff timings...very susah, but can be done. Its been too long!

aehknum said...

Damansara Kim is just directly Damansara Utama. You know on LDP when you're driving from 1U back to puchong, you have to take the tunnel to continue on towards Puchong right? Before that tunnel itself (opposite 1U), take your left turn into the housing area.. and yeah, that is Damansara Kim. That's somewhere near TTDI and before the turning to Sprint highway.

And, I WANNA MEET YOU, GWEN!