Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Determination.

In the beginning of this year, Amelia and I were quite determined to train our stamina, stay fit and exercise our muscles a little. Being in this medical line, meeting with doctors and patients at all time, I seriously agree that we all should take exercise a little more serious.

Looking at my paternal side of family history, all the more I need to really start taking good care bout my health. Coronary heart diseases? They run in the blood. Probably in mine too.

I understand we can take medication when we're diagnosed with heart diseases, hypertension, diabetes and whatnot; but these medication will not take you very far as it'd be a chronic disease (long term, can control but not cure). Other than medication, I've been preaching about healthy diet intake and appropriate exercises.

However, our enthusiastic start for this year's jog dropped a little with time and from an average of 3 days a week becomes only 2 times a week or sometimes once. There were even weeks that we didn't jog at all (I'm talking bout 2 consecutive weeks). We'd usually call it off whenever one can't make it.

So, as a result, my stamina level dropped! Let's say I planned to go 4 rounds without stop, afraid that I can't achieve that I'll tell myself 2 or 3 rounds would be good too. You see, human's like that.. if we put an "or" word there, we'd usually satisfy even if we stop at 2. We're talking bout complacency here. If only we push further, we can stretch it to 3. And of course, if we're determined, we can go up to 4 or 5!

It's all in the mind! That's just an example and I see these taking place everyday (not only for jogs). Let's push ourselves further! Let's stretch our capacity, folks! Let's not be easily satisfied with our mundane achievements (they're not even considered as achievements anymore) but lets be determined with what our initial goal is!

The bible told us that we have authority over our life and our words are command. If we say we're tired, then we will be tired. If we say we're not good, then we're not good. Folks, why not start proclaiming victory (but not too far from realistic please.. our spirit is able but our flesh says cant). Let's command that we will do well in our studies! Let's command that we'd do well in our work place! Let's command that we'll be all healthy and H1N1 cannot touch us. Just command all things to take place in your life. Let's proclaim God's favour in our lives.

Be blessed.

0 comments: