Sunday, May 24, 2009

Selayang HotSpring & Kuala Selangor.



If most of you have been following this blog, part of my work requires me to travel quite abit to different places in Klang Valley/Selangor. In cities like Subang and Klang, there's nothing to shout about except for their food maybe. But in places like Selayang..?

So I was in Selayang last week (or was it last two weeks?) and after I've done visiting some clinics in Selayang Jaya, I decided to check out some local attractions there using my GPS.

Photobucket

Who would expect hotsprings there right? Apparently, you cannot simply go into any pools as you want because of the differences in temperature. You might burn yourself.

Photobucket

And so, I started off by dipping my feet into the least hot one. Its actually luke warm water and it feels soooooooooo good! Especially after a long day work. So refreshing.

Photobucket

When I got bored with this one already, I moved to another one, a higher temperature one. This one we're not allowed to dip our legs in. We can only scoop out the water if we want to keep clean. And its freaking hot I tell you. I had to quickly withdraw my hand out the minute I dipped it in to test the water. If you put eggs in it for a while, they'd boil! I swear!

Photobucket

Its so hot that smoke comes out of them, evaporating away. Doing facial there would be a good idea. Or maybe hair treatment? LOL. It'd help you to open up your pores, clearing them with the rich-in-mineral water. I was told that people from all over come to shower with this miracle water. People with skin diseases usually will be healed after bathing with these water for 1/2 a year. How miraculous!

Photobucket

Oh well, I can only put my legs on the small stream-like running (hot) water with my slippars on.

All in all, a good experience I would say :)

--

Next, we went to Kuala Selangor too!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

According to the itinerary, we were supposed to get there to catch the sunset from the Canon Hill of Bukit Melawati, and then seafood and fireflies and get our dear friend home before 9pm.

Photobucket

What a rush right? But guess what, we made it but with 20 minutes late. That day was one of the rare days that I actually sped all my way... all in the name of friendship! (We love you, friend!)

Photobucket

Over there, we met alot of monkeys called the Silverleaf monkeys (the uglier version of monkeys with mohawks). So big group that they can become quite nasty.

Photobucket

And one thing is that, they're never scared of human. They're not shy too! They'd do anything to get food from you.

Photobucket

They're great posers too. Natural posers for any camera! If I had a chance, I'd love to videocam xuewen's priceless expressions for you. She was obviously terrified by these creatures while whayying was disgusted with their long tails. I think I had face problem because two of them actually snarled at me when I didn't elicit any attack signs on them. Ugh.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We took some pictures while waited for the sunset.

Photobucket

That place was no doubt beautiful, the serene view from above. But too bad the cloud blocked the sun and so, sunset wasn't obvious.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since the fact became a fact (that we cant really watch sunset), we drove on to Pasir Penambang (about 3km from Bukit Melawati) for seafood.

Photobucket

We had seafood here, on the bagan?

Photobucket

We literally swallowed our food to save time. We were left with 30 minutes only to drive over to Kg Kuantan (about 7km from Bukit Melawati) for fireflies and then head home before 9pm.

Photobucket
firefly

No doubt the fireflies were soooooooo beautiful! (I've watched these for 3 times already but still amazed by them). Their buttocks flash like nobody's business attracting their opposite sex for mating purposes. Christmas-tree like, really beautiful!



So brilliant right? And their rhythm is so synchronized that I cant tell whose flashes were most attractive. LOL. Each boat can fit 4 people and each boat costs RM40. Do go and watch for yourself, I guess the experience gained is worthwhile! :)






5 comments:

kienz said...

I went K. Selangor too! Just hope that your firefly boat trip wasn't ruined by senseless flash photography by a bunch of moronic monkey descendants.

Rachel Phuah said...

Haha, what nonsense your firefly pic and video

aehknum said...

Jo Kien, you brought the (ENV 1800) kids to K.Selangor too?? I brought two kids there too! Haha. But yeah, I warned them bout the flashes and all.. they were wonderful bunch to be really obedient on boat! :)

phuahwhayying! what nonsense firefly pic and vid? nice right?! and you dont sound like you, were you really you? hahahah.

babysue said...

u soaked ur feet there + slippers and then they became miraculous water to cure skin disease! hahahaa

aehknum said...

No no!! The ones for curing diseases cannot soak leg one. Too hot already also. I beg eggs pun boleh rebus. Haha!