Friday, May 8, 2009

Affinity?



I was driving on the road this morning until this thought came to me: Human is rather unique.

You know, our affinity for something or someone (for a particular period of time) would be quite obvious. For example from the entries of this blog, I bet you can tell that I have a friend by the name of Amelia and her friendship carries some weight in my heart. And thats why you read her name repeatedly in some of the entries.

Or probably affinity for food? Or trips? Its like they carry such weight that they're worth mentioning if you get what I mean.

Other than these kind of affinities, our lives can also tell what we like or we don't. If you dread school, means you dislike school. Isn't that right? Basically I cannot stay still one la. I cannot be routinized.

I did my hospital attachment in Sunway Medical Centre bout 2 years back and I was quite excited for it at first. After 2 weeks of routined lifestyle, I dread work.

In Monash, I also dread school and always look forward to holidays after a while.

And now I just started working for 2 months, and although my job is not as routined as the rest and has highest flexibility but truthfully, I'm starting to feel the sien-ness already. Man, this is just the start! When will it end? 30 years later? Gosh.

I dread everything and basically I bet by now you can tell that I'm not someone who can't last or persevere. And out of everything, I realise that there's only one place that I'm in (for 6 years already and still counting) and I'm never tired of it, never dread it, and always looking forward to it.

That is Youth Ministry. I don't know what's it but there must be something in it that's keeping this passion.




3 comments:

pat said...

a calling I guess. To go serve. Sleep on it, pray about it. Hear it.

Jupester said...

routine is boring but i guess there's some sort of security there =)maybe if u haf affinity for a routine job,then u wun find it so run-of-the-mill.sorta like u can enjoy going out wif frens n talking for hours because u enjoy it *shrugz* just my two cents.
btw,now u kerja ape neh?sorry been abstaining from blogging for awhile hehe

aehknum said...

Heh Patrick, maybe? But I think its still Him after all. Not so much of serving full time or part time here but because He kept me there? :)

Whoah haven't heard from you for ages, Hwei Theing! How are you doing? By the way, I'm working as a Medical Rep now.. start from low :)
All good in Monash? :)