Thursday, December 18, 2008

We're All Recession-Proof!



"As beloved of God, we're all recession-proof"


I like how Pastor Kenneth and Pastor Prince aptly put these; very true indeed!

Just two nights back, I was gatal la, so I went and filled up my details into Jobstreet.com just for fun. I don't even have a resume; all I did was just filling up whatever columns they have there like my personal details, education background, co-curriculum and whatnot. And guess what, the very following morning itself (which was yesterday) companies started calling me up regarding my application.

I told them very frankly that I could not start working yet as I'm still studying. Today another company called me up to arrange an interview with them this coming Monday. I'm not expecting to get the job but I'm quite thrilled bout the interview for the experience sake. So fun la!

As you all know, its a real bad timing to graduate now. Though Asian countries are not very much affected by this, but I bet most companies would try not to take in too many workers. In fact, if they could they'd try to lessen the amount of employees.

But our God is the Jehovah Jireh! He's our source of provision, our provider! Imagine, my expected salary stated in my online resume isn't very low but yet employers are still considering it. So readers, let not be discouraged by the surrounding but be encouraged that He's with us at all times and He's our source of provision! Amen? =)

EDIT: 2 interviews on Monday. Another pharmaceutical company just called up. Gonna be a great time. All glory to Jesus!




3 comments:

Chen Chow said...

Congratulations to hear that you get multiple interviews from your applications!

It is always hearthening for us to hear from people like you, manage to find interviews and hopefully eventual job offers/internships/attachments that hopefully would be able to help you improve your life through better career.

This would be great motivation for us to keep on working hard.

If you have any feedback for us to improve, do let us know. We are always looking for ways to help more people to get a better career.

Best wishes on your interview! :)

From a staff of JobStreet.com

Anonymous said...

I admire your faith.

And maybe i should go to JobStreet too...hehe

aehknum said...

Hey Gwen, yeah you should apply. I bet everyone would accept your applications and wanna take you even more! Haha!

Today I've attended 2 interviews and rejected 2. I'm going for another one on Friday! Its not too bad actually, quite a good experience. You should try! =)