Thursday, December 25, 2008

Its About Giving and Love; Its All About Jesus!



Christmas has always been my favourite celebration. Since young, I love christmas. You know, in shopping complexes they'll play songs according to festivals to create the shopping mood (marketing theory lol). I'm always annoyed by the loops of Chinese New Year songs or the Deepavali songs or the Hari Raya songs. I have high respects for the workers for having to bear with those songs whole day long.

But when it comes to Christmas songs, somehow I'll never be sick of them. They somehow bring peace, love and joy to my heart. In fact, I'll shop even more and I'll feel more generous and wanting to bless as many people as I can. I think that's because Christmas is all about love and giving. It's all about Him and Jesus is the reason for the season (take note: not santa).

It has been almost 2 years of blogging already and I thank God I grew with time. I'm sure by now if you've been following my blog journals for some time, you can tell that I'm a believer of Christ. I don't know how else to testify His goodness and faithfulness in my life other than sharing them here once a while. He has been so faithful everyday, and He was, is and will be with me throughout my walk everyday.

Reading from some of my entries, some of you might think that I'm quite a strong Christian and I must have borned in a Christian family right? Nope, I was not born in a Christian family. My family used to have an altar in my house and we visit the temple every Wesak and observe vegetarian on that day and on the first day of CNY. If that's not enough for you, I even held the joss-sticks before but I was never a believer in my so-called religion. I was just doing what I was supposed to do (asked or rather forced by mom) and its more of a routine?

And if you know me well, I'm someone very scientific and I need proof for everything. I need concrete reasons to whatever that has happened (like, why our body jerks backwards when a stationary car moves forward). So, even when it comes to religion, I demand proofs; I demand explanations.

I got the privilege to follow my cousins to Sunday School once a year --- that's during Cheng Beng (All Souls Day) when my parents need to go and visit the graves. Mun Wah and I were not allowed to follow, so we go to church. And of course, I won't remember what stories were told or what verses I've memorize in order to get those stickers but I remember there's something different in that place... an indescribable feeling. I somehow always look up to Christians and I always think that they're like some higher class citizen and I've been envying them without knowing. So weird right. I also always thought that its fated to be a buddhist and this cannot be changed since I'm borned into this buddhist family. How wrong!

I remember very vividly when I was in standard 6, out of curiousity during one of our annual visits to the temple, while holding the joss-sticks I prayed,

"Jesus, if you're real, just prove it to me by letting me get first place in the class. In Jesus' name, amen."

Mind you, I was holding a joss-stick that time in a buddhist temple praying to Jesus! I'm so weird la. And guess what, I got first place in the class.

That time, again I doubt. It could be my 'intelligence' you know, though I'm not that smart but who knows, luck? Haha! Then again and again I tested Jesus. I'll pray, "Jesus, the other time could be luck la. If you're really real, show me again by yada yada yada" and God never fail to answer all my prayers --- ALL my prayers!

In the end of form 3, I finally gave my life to Christ and accepted Him as my personal Christ and Saviour. No one did any follow up on me but I know that He's truly the one and living God who conquered the grave and reigns forevermore.

Since baby, I'll always had this same nightmare. It was horrible and I'll wake up screaming with cold sweats and increased pulse rate. And for that, my parents and grandparents actually brought me to the medium and you know, did all those rituals and made me drink those burnt charm stirred with water. They never worked. I still get those nightmares and all. Other than that, my body has always been weak and I've this funny pain on the dorsal (the upper part, not the sole) of both my feet almost everyday!

There was once during a holy communion in church, we were given just ribena and 1cm3 of bread and I remember pastor sharing these: "If any of you needs healing today, just ask and believe that He'll heal you when partaking these breads and cups. Just believe and receive it." Again, silently I said a really simple prayer and only now that I realise, I NEVER HAD THAT NIGHTMARE ANYMORE SINCE THAT PRAYER! And even the pain, it's gone! How awesome eh? All glory to God! Actually there are alot more miracles that He has done in my life and I could not be what I am today if not for Him, seriously!

And today, we don't celebrate Christmas just because of the marketing gimics the malls are portraying or because its an event and its cool for everyone to hang out at StarHill or something like that but it's because of Jesus. He was given to us in a form of present out of love by God and that's the reason why people give presents on Christmas. Its all about giving and love.

MERRY CHRISTMAS PEOPLE!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely put.
It's funny how as I read along, I thought I was reading of how I came to know of Jesus as well.
Somewhat similar story although I still have an altar at home.
Praise the Lord. I'm sure many can see the reflection of
Christ in you. =)

aehknum said...

Omgosh, you actually finish reading it?? So panjang and boring la.

Heh thanks! Yeah really praise God! All glory due Him alone!

iVan Chong said...

i read it too! Nice =) thx for sharing!hahah

aehknum said...

=O More surprises. haha. Thanks for reading la and letting me know here. Its encouraging to hear from you =)

How are you in Italy?

iVan Chong said...

heyy. fine here hahah. ur blog rox! :)

aehknum said...

Haha thanks thanks! So paiseh la.