Sunday, June 21, 2009

Same old smell, same old feeling.



I went back to Taylor's last week for some stuff. The smell is still there, the familiar smell, the air that I breathe in 2004.

Photobucket
This is my whole class (comprises of humanities and science students), no joke. The brave young warriors who went for NS by faith and then attempted the SAM SHIT (South Australia Matriculation Super High Intensity Training) program

Mrs Mary Ng, the ex-SAM programme director and Mrs Quek, my class teacher still remembers me. She actually pronounced my name correctly even before I introduce myself. And believe me, every school has their own smell, as do Taylor's.

Photobucket
My whole class for Biology with Ms Loke

I know this might sound crazy but I miss the hecticness when I was in there. Good ol' memories as I walked around, walking down the memory lanes just like Mr Lee Kuan Yew.

Around this time last year, I was in Monash nerding.

Photobucket
Pictured around this time in 2007

Yeah, like that.

It might sound weird to say these but I truly enjoyed the whole camping-in-the-library moment and I love them. It was those moments when I felt that I really learned something (and I enjoy studying), made and bonded with friends even more.

I was at Monash for quite a few times this week. Its like as if its my second home there. The familiar faces, the security guard, the librarian and all actually knows me and remembers me. The security's quite strict this semester, I don't know why, and each student is required to show their student ID card to get in. Me being me, always forgot to bring my (old) student card and when the new security guard (he doesnt know me) wanted to stop me to check for card, the older security guards will gesture to him and let me in saying that I'm a student there.

Same old smell, same old feeling.

Photobucket

And I miss The Gang.

Photobucket

And as I was browsing the pictures just now, I finally understand why the rest of them in The Gang always pick on Ah Sian's boobs. Not necessary a bad thing I think?




0 comments: