Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Injured With Style.

I went to remove my braces this morning, and it was raining when I came out from the clinic. The floor was slippery (guess with the headings and this sentence, I bet you know where I'm getting at).

Yes, I slipped! And as a natural reaction, people will tend to grab something nearby to prevent yourself from falling. There was nothing around for me to grab and it happened too fast. I pulled off some stunts (with style, heh) and managed to avoid myself from falling.

So, I didn't fall.

But my left ankle gave a hard knock on the pavement during the stunt. It was so painful that my hands have to hold on to my ankle for a while to sort of ease the pain while chanting the pain away. When I thought everything was okay and ready to drive, thats when I saw blood on my palm, the same palm that was holding my in-pain-ankle.

Photobucket

I drove myself to the clinic, got it sterilized and wrapped. Doctor asked if I want any stitches and I said no. I guess the laceration isn't very deep la, should be quite superficial only, I hope. It was the impact on the bone la that was painful. So I was given MC, painkiller and a tetanus jab (my left arm is still heavy from that tetanus jab) and am free to go.

Photobucket


Doctor repeated soooooooooooo many times that I musn't mustn't mustn't let the wound touch water. How to shower like that?


Ahhh, time to apply Science again!

Photobucket

I enjoyed my shower without having to lift up my leg nor worry that it'd be wet. For once these non-biodegradable plastics are quite helpful :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon... Brandon Lim

nylus said...

lol... so innovative with the plastic bag...

update your link please!! :D

Orcagal said...

hahahahahahaha...so creative la u...LOL.

Anyway, take care yeah! Get well soon.

Kimberlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

aehknum said...

Hey Brandon, didn't know you read my blog and you blog too! Haha, wow. Thanks!

Eyy Sulyn, updated! And yeah, thanks!

Hello Kim, you too! Thanks!! Hehe, looks like those non-biodegradable substances do contribute abit eh? :)

kienz said...

I think I tried the plastic thing with my knee too, when I had that big cheese wound

*poke poke*

pain?

hehe, get well soon =p

Melanieohp said...

ouch! btw, you are still having my comic books right?

aehknum said...

Kienz, haha babi poke somemore la. I'm all good edi :) Badminton tomorrow! :)

Hwei Ping, yeap yeap!! I wanna pass back to Amelia but she asked me to keep it. You want it back now? I can pass them to Sharon la :) Don't know what to do with them.

Melanieohp said...

amelia asked you to keep it? smack her, ive been asking for it for dont know how long ago. because i wanna get new ones im afraid i get back the same ones.

aehknum said...

LOL 'cause she'll campak somewhere gua. Haha. Aiya, means ask me to keep on your behalf first till you want it back la. I jaga one k. Haha. I'll pass them back to Sharon soon la. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday, depends when I'll be meeting her :)

babysue said...

so many things i wanna say.
1st: eww!! dont put these kinda bloody pics anymore. its yucky, but dunno why i made myself stare at it *shudder*
2nd: ada hati to take pics when in that kinda situation. thats a blogger right? =)
3rd: u do ur braces at jagjit? that last step is always slippery, even without water
4th: LOL when i saw ur last pic! so funny la, got tape round the ankles some more. thats what my bro did when his arm was in a cast as well
5th: congrats on having ur braces removed =) and got cut pulak
6th: get well soon!

i really talk a lot, dont i?