Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Best Tomyam (and carbonara) Ever!

The Best Tomyam ever can be found here:

Photobucket
Sri Ayutthaya @ USJ 11

I believe they have other branches somewhere elses too.

Photobucket

This place can be considered abit 'atas', with nice ambience and music background. Good place to enjoy good meal after a tired day's work, or as well-done treat for self.

Photobucket

Also, they only have fruit juices. They claimed that they have all except for strawberry. I saw the mango and hence I chose this

Photobucket
100% pure mango juice

For a decent MYR 7.90 (or MYR 8.90, i cant remember), you'll get a glass of 100% pure mango juice. Its so original, so concentrated, so pure that you sip in all the mango fibre as you drink. You know, the bloop bloop sound as you pour from the blender to the cup.. or as it passes through your esophagus. Very sweet, original mango tasting. Unlike those you get from supermarket or mamak stalls or any other restaurants with syrup and water added.

Here comes the main thing that I really really adore:

Photobucket
Tomyam Kai @ MYR 9.90

It's super concentrated, the aroma was/is/will be so good, and its very sour and spicy. Can start drooling even as I type all these already.

We also ordered the authetic flavoured soft shell crabs.

Photobucket
Authetic flavoured soft shell crabs.

It has kerabu on top of it, which tastes sweet and sour with the mango strips on it. And the crabs were so succulent and huge and... nice :)

Photobucket

These food are not cheap, but I would say they worth the price. Really nice. You guys should try! I went back with a happy tummy :)

---

Normally, I'll never ever take solo lunch. I'll either find someone to eat with me or I don't eat. I just don't eat alone, its just... weird! Anyway, today I was super hungry and I decided to go solo for my very first few solo lunches. I went to this place that I really love:

Photobucket
Dave's Cafe @ 1 Utama

We were in 1u, and this place was recommended to me by Agnes. If anyone who knows me, they'd know that I love carbonara and tomyam. Only these two.

Its not cheap eating in this place but guess whats the best deal?

Photobucket

So many people dined in and I had to wait 1/2 hour just for my food while the workers there literally dashed everywhere to serve. Very very busy yet efficient. I don't mind waiting just to fulfill my cravings.

Photobucket

This portion is so huge (check out the size of my phone parked by the plate of carbonara in comparison) and the other time when I came with Mun Wah, we both share ONE plate and we were so full already. And this time, I challenged myself to finish up the entire plate on my own

Photobucket
Carbonara fettucine with bacon, mixed balls and mixed mushroom

Its really not easy especially the final quarter of it, with some rest in between and good determination, I FINISHED IT! I'm so proud of myself! Its sooooooooo yummy and I think this place serves the best carbonara I ever had so far.




8 comments:

iVan Chong said...

OMG! Carbonara Spaghetti is the best la!!

kienz said...

Reading that as I starved alone in the cold was insanely cruel, MK *sob*

aehknum said...

Heh Ivan, you love carbonara too eh? The next round when you're around, ask Josh bring you to Dave's Pizza and Pasta in OneU! Or you can come find me too! We can go together! :)

Kienz, sorry la bro! You're in the lab is it? Haha. Remember to eat la! And, are you well already? Badminton! :)

kienz said...

Yeah, I am (and was) in the lab. hehe, yeah I'm well now, may join on Wednesday if my work schedule does not overflow yet again.

yiwei said...

mk..... bring me there...... pls.

aehknum said...

Jo! You didnt turn up for badminton, AGAIN! :( How's your ankle?

Yes yiwei! Which one? Tomyam or carbonara? Or both? YOu come back we go! I told Jean edi..

Gwencws said...

Omg MunK u know how much i love carbonara i must go try one of these days thank youuu! Oh btw, Dome's white sauce seafood pasta also quite good. Btw, this saturday...the shud-be-happening'gathering'...reminder =)

aehknum said...

haha gwen, i just had that for brunch cum teatime just now with my new colleague. hehe. Its still good, she said its good too.. and so yeah, you should go try!

Btw, this saturday? The Xiuqi's place thingy? I thought it was on the last Saturday? Last Saturday I couldnt make it cause got to attend an ICU workshop by my company. This Saturday edi got booked la.. friends' party also. Sorryyy..

I know I've been saying that we should meet up, and yes, we really should la omg.